Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 429 of 429 FirstFirst ... 329379419427428429
Results 8,561 to 8,566 of 8566
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your boat today? Vol 2.0

not the car, but a leaf plow. that we will for sure need dearly this next week. 100% over built cause my friend/boss is nuts. im being nice here.

we built this from a pile of angle iron and square tubing and a sheet of expanded metal.

plow down
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/MLMYnB4xNHkI6NzB3

up for transport
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/20BD2j5PW92bNvt23

then this dumb handle he wanted to be able to lift it up some easy like cause his shoulder hurts. i hate it. was against it from the first talk of it...
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/dAJQTuYh8myrMteH2

it gets pinned on so it can be removed for transporting.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/ICOjqfHOcmgM9YRk2

over all it should work just fine. its just to heavy really. i wanted to build it out of 3/4 angle iron only pretty much. i got over ruled due to ownership lol

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 2.8, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned and AEM water/Meth injection https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

Chats

lol thats awesome

Chats

Replaced the right headlight ballast; didn't need to, but the new one on the left side fires faster, and that bothers me. LOL

7 years of abuse on the old one.

Chris B
    2002 GT

Chats

Noticed a steady drop of coolant originating from where the timing cover meets the block. Confirmed that it wasn't the water pump by putting paper around the water pump and pressurized the system to confirm it wasn't the water pump gasket or coolant elbows.

Time to do the timing cover! :'(

Performed the starter bump method to break the crank bolt loose. Thankfully no leaking from the crank seal.

With some wiggling and then light prying got the timing cover off.

I per-emptively bought a new timing chain tensioner/dampener since it is a wear part and boy was I glad I did!

New tensioner in and time to bolt everything back up after a thorough cleaning of gasket surfaces and hitting the block with an engine degreaser and some rags.

Everything worked out well and lot's of gratitude to Billboost37 and Oldsman105. With their help Everything worked out great!
    As these engines are just plain old I sort of expect to see factory timing covers start to randomly fail as these engines are stout, but everything gets old and fails with time.
    2000 Bronze Metallic GTP
    Power :Gen V, 3.6 pulley, 3 inch down pipe, Power log, FWI,and DHP Power Tuner,
    Handling: Vogtland Springs, GMPP sway bars, STBS, 18" Konig backbone, CTS-V Front brakes and GXP rear brakes

Chats

Thanks for the writeup and photos so I can know what to look for when this happens to mine. I got 271,000 miles on a '02 L36 (40th Anniv model) The original timing cover in place as well as water pump. I have seen puddles of coolant under the engine directly below this area, but have not seen anything for months now, about 10K miles. There are new coolant elbows in place.

I am getting another GP in top shape to drive this winter ('03 LE GTP) I plan to park the '02 GP and start to replace some gaskets.

Chats

Let me know when you are ready to do the gaskets. You need to buy some special thread sealant for water jacket bolts. Also need some RTV for where the bottom of the timing cover and oil pan gasket meet. Up to you but I used a torque wrench for the tensioner dampener and timing cover and water pump bolts as I don't want to go back in there :-P