Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 393 of 425 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,860 of 8493
    Chats

Default Re: What did you do to your boat today? Vol 2.0

Installed the progress front sway bar... what a difference! It no longer feels like a boat. I also have the GMPP rear sway bar, so it's feeling pretty solid now.

Oh also replaced both outer tie rods because the bushings were obliterated.
    [Daily] 2002 GTP 40th Ann - FSIC, dp+plog, 3.3", ported LIM, HAI, front+rear sway bars, poly mounts, zzp tune for now :/
    [Fun] 2012 mazdaspeed3 - dp, 3" intake, FMIC, HPFP, Custom tune, lots of other goodies

GTP Level Member
    Chats

Changer the supercharger oil on the 07. 35000 miles since last change. Man you never get used to the smell of that stuff that comes out of there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chats

Been working on a friends new car the past week. Looking it over. Need a tie rod, brake line, new rear bumper, and he wants the carpet replaced. Went to my local junk yard today to scope out some parts. While there, I saw a early 2000's GP with a new 3.8 that looked like it was just swapped in before going to the junk yard. Wish I had the money to pull it and all related parts to put into my 3.1 GP.

Chats

Yesterday wrapped some spiral cut 1/2 ID vinyl hose around the top and bottom coils of my front SSC springs
    Kinda like this

I thought it was my intermediate steering shaft, lubed that then inner tie rods popping,bought some.
    Came across some threads on the DIY spring isolators, gave it a shot. Worked like a charm.

Not a hint of pop or scrunch. This salt and brine on wet roads doesn't fair well with metal. The rub points on the springs didn't like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chats

Installed some new self disolving foglight and wheel covers. The snow was just over 10" deep.....

Chris B
    2002 GT

GTP Level Member cheatah faheatah's Avatar
    Chats

I finished making a small shop air tank for my garage, out of my failed furnace expansion tank (installed in 1990...lol).

This kind of X-tank has a bladder between ends, an air side that is filled (in my case) to 12psi through a Shrader valve, and the heated furnace water which expands against the air side as needed. For this to work as an air tank, I had to insert a spade bit w/some extensions into the water side to puncture the bladder a few times. Then an "air accessory kit" from HFTools, along with some random fittings, a tank gauge, a regulator w/gauge, and a shut off (not pictured). All short money. It sits on parts of an old torchiere lamp with some strapping and big hose clamps to hold it together. A little bit of camo rope for a handle, and this "steampunk" or "steamjunk" creation is complete. I love to reuse things and see what I can do with random hardware on hand, and little store bought stuff. This is mostly for a blow gun, but I'll see as I go along.

Last photo is our 3 cars parked on my front lawn(because...MORE snow). I prefer to clear the whole driveway, then pull the cars off the sidewalk. Left to right, Red 06 GP base(120K miles, my DD), Blue/Green 05 GP base(75K miles, wife's car/keeper/spare), and under all the snow from the last storm is a White 05 Monte Carlo LT 55K miles (Wife/keeper/spare).

Anyway, have a good rest of your weekend. New "Walking Dead" tonight....out....E.....
    not what it looks like

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by cheatah faheatah View Post

Last photo is our 3 cars parked on my front lawn(because...MORE snow). I prefer to clear the whole driveway, then pull the cars off the sidewalk. Left to right, Red 06 GP base(120K miles, my DD), Blue/Green 05 GP base(75K miles, wife's car/keeper/spare), and under all the snow from the last storm is a White 05 Monte Carlo LT 55K miles (Wife/keeper/spare).

Anyway, have a good rest of your weekend. New "Walking Dead" tonight....out....E.....
    you have two wife's? And god damn! That's a lot of snow

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by cheatah faheatah View Post
    I prefer to clear the whole driveway, then pull the cars off the sidewalk.
    Glad I'm not the only one who has "Snow Shoveling OCD". I laugh at myself as the drive has to be just perfect. LOL
    Chris B
    2002 GT

Chats

i used to plow snow for a living, at some point the salt your toss down is all the difference.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 2.8, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned and AEM water/Meth injection https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

Chats

I'm doing lotsa stuff to the GXP. New Glove box latch, front tires, got the center console lit up, scrubbed stains out of the suede, the headliner & the carpet, ordered new to me window switches bumper clips & stereo light bulbs, cleaned the dead bugs & leaves from the dome lights, glued the driver side roof rail back down. Next project is to install my oil catch can.

Best part of all is the GXP will be paid off next month!
    OverKilled, HAI, Ported Throttle body, Ported intake, ZZP DP, Magnaflow, UMI ta's, GMPP STB's, CCS springs, tinted tailights, roof rails, TEP cool'r, G8 hood. Glass Gearbox.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Scottydoggs View Post
    i used to plow snow for a living, at some point the salt your toss down is all the difference.
    Never used salt. I just keep up on the shoveling and nature takes it from there. I always have one of the cleanest drives on the street.
    Chris B
    2002 GT

Chats

I have shovel OCD too. I clear the drive and walks at work and I'm always told "Don't kill yourself", "Just do this" or whatever, but I can't stop until it is perfect. LOL
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS - Stock DD mode
    1994 Dodge Stealth - Currently being revived. Modded

Chats

go out and do 60 houses, then your tune will change lol even if your getting paid. and salt, or calcium is extra.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 2.8, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned and AEM water/Meth injection https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Scottydoggs View Post
    go out and do 60 houses, then your tune will change lol even if your getting paid. and salt, or calcium is extra.
    Yup. Salt is amazing when it's not on your own driveway. Then you end up with a frickin mess in your house lmao
    2003 Buick Regal GSX lots of mods - click here to see latest build - http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...ld-for-the-gsx

*For Reference - Does not have a Zack Howard Cam - It's an Intense Stage 3 - Thank You*

Chats

if theres so much down that your walking in a ton, you over applied, and wasted money. some customers just bought a bag or a small bucket full each storm to do their own.

id beat ya ass for walking in past the door with wet boots on too. shoes off please.

Chats

DIC wasn't working on the way to work for some unknown reason or the something is wrong or it isn't right GP thing.

Pulled the fuse for a few, reinserted now it works.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by bustaphoto View Post
    you have two wife's? And gosh darn! That's a lot of snow

Polygamist? Uh, NO. Those 2 are "better/cleaner" so she has a choice. And snow? Bah, that's not much....6-12 inches at a time is normal for this time of year. It's when it happens week after week after week, that's when it piles up good. When your mailbox disappears, that's a lot of snow.
    not what it looks like

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who has "Snow Shoveling OCD". I laugh at myself as the drive has to be just perfect. LOL
    I know, right? See if the cars are there, then ya gotta clean 'em off (leave piles& foot prints), move 'em, leave tire tracks etc. If the driveway is uniform & without obstacles, then it's easy to clear and get an even meltdown (even w/o salt). I just sealed the drive last spring, so it's nice and black. My driveway gets full sun, so even if it's 10* out, she'll melt off good. OCD? not so much...Ice is my enemy, this driveway has already given me 1 concussion due to ice. Nothing like waking up staring at the sky, going "wha, huh, how long was I out?". LOL
    not what it looks like

Chats

Replaced burnt out bulbs in A/C Unit & Stereo successfully. Then somehow managed to burn out every single bulb in the stereo.
    OverKilled, HAI, Ported Throttle body, Ported intake, ZZP DP, Magnaflow, UMI ta's, GMPP STB's, CCS springs, tinted tailights, roof rails, TEP cool'r, G8 hood. Glass Gearbox.

Chats

I replaced bulbs in my HVAC. I'd test it, another one is out. Replace that one, test, another one is out lol. Just did them all

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    2006 Grand Prix GT S/C 101k - Modded Transgo Shift Kit, Gutted Airbox, Dash Cam, and Inlays. Retros soon to come.
    2002 Grand Prix GT N/A 127k - Same as 06 Plus: Trans Cooler, DIY Aux Input, LED lighting, Suspension Upgrades, Tint, Retrofits.
    Sold.