Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: My 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Special Edition NEW nickname "The Jalopy"

Quote Originally Posted by Slick2500 View Post
    1/8 mile is pointless. I only live my life 1/4 mile at a time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    and in that 10 seconds im free..........or 15 as it might be in gp lol

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 2.8, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned and AEM water/Meth injection https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

Chats

Default Re: My 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Special Edition NEW nickname "The Jalopy"

I really hope I'm not running that slow on Saturday.

Chats

1 sec off in a 1/8 HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHA

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by ItHurtz View Post
    1 sec off in a 1/8 HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH AHA
    That is kind of what I was thinking. Knocking 1 second off the 1/4 is difficult enough. Knocking 1 second off the 1/8 is going to take a lot, unless you had a horrible run before.
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS - Stock DD mode
    1994 Dodge Stealth - Currently being revived. Modded

Chats

I pretty much suck at launching, but I am getting better, so a combination of better driver skill and more power should help a lot.

Chats

and mister corey, you can't say anything because you have yet to drag race a single time at the drag strip

Chats

Why would I? IN a few weeks when its back together its

cammed turbo> you always AND forever!

If I really wanted to hit a strip I would mark out 1/4 on the road and have at it like we did 12 years ago.

Chats

apparently you don't see the hypocrisy of your statement. you are giving someone a hard time for doing something you have no interest in doing yourself.

Chats

Meth? Turbo intercooled, cammed meth injected gp sounds fun.

1/8 is for bicycles sweetie my 0-70 is a few blinks of the eye lid.

Chats

the snout machine tool came with no instructions, so this is how I did it: first you make a mark at the end of where your pulley is so you know how far to machine to, second you have to take the snout off the supercharger. if you have a 1" phenolic spacer, or an intercooler, you don't have to take the snout all the way off, the two bolts by the alternator have enough access so you can loosen them up, but the bottom one won't come out, not enough clearance, but you can still get the snout machined. then you need to render the mps hub unable to spin, I used an allen wrench in the coupler with pressure applied the direction you want to spin the hub. then you put the round part of the snout machine tool onto the hub, also have to take the snout plug out of the end by the mps hub before you install the round part of the tool. once you have the round part on there tight, you can install the stud that the spring goes on and the cutting object through the square hole, when those two items are in, you take the washers, spring and nut and tighten it so it's hand tight. then take your drill and spin away. if you spin it slow enough it will be shiny. when you see the shavings stop falling, tighten the nut again and keep going until you hit the mark you initially.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMarshal View Post
    I really hope I'm not running that slow on Saturday.
    How'd it go on Saturday?
    2000 GTP 4DR - Stock
    243,000 miles
    CHICAGO, IL
    My Car: http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...740-Luke-s-GTP

Chats

I wish I could say it went better, but it didn't. it was like 90*, so the density altitude was at like 10,500 feet elevation, so my car was slower than it was last month. I was distracted too because my radiator was leaking, and I still am not sure where the leak is coming from.

Chats

All I hear are excuses

Chats

all I hear is the sound of silence, because you've never been to the drag strip.

Chats

I wish I could say it went better, but it didn't. it was like 90*, so the density altitude was at like 10,500 feet elevation, so my car was slower than it was last month. I was distracted too because my radiator was leaking, and I still am not sure where the leak is coming from.
    Damn. Sucks man. Hell, it wouldn't be a Pontiac W-body without coolant leaking from some place. You gotta get it ready for when cooler temps arrive.
    2000 GTP 4DR - Stock
    243,000 miles
    CHICAGO, IL
    My Car: http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...740-Luke-s-GTP

I can't car too good. SaukRapids's Avatar
    Chats

Usually what happens to me is I'm just an idiot and push the gas too hard, lol.

Chats

I've pushed the pedal too hard plenty of times. I tried the brake boost method where you hold the brake and gas pedal down at the same time, keep the revs to 2000 rpm, then let off the brake and go, but I'm too used to my other method, so I just need to work on my reaction time to improve, and i'm sure sticky tires will make a huge difference.

I'm going to try a new worm gear clamp on the coolant overflow line where it attaches to the radiator, I know the leak is coming from the top someplace, and could be the hose isn't sealed because the oem clamp failed.

I got the ac fixed yesterday, so I think I'm going to start running regular gas instead of E85 and use this car for my commuter vehicle. I also put a bigger pulley on so when I switch back to 91 there wont be any kr. The last thing I'm going to do is adjust the boost level of where the methanol starts spraying so I don't use as much when I'm driving over a mountain.

Chats

at 10 psi you should have no kr on your set up. leave it, tune it drive it. 91 octane, cam, heads and meth with a 2.8 all day long.

on the gas and the brake, let the brake go on the last yellow then ease into it for 20 foot or so then mash it, you can feel when its safe to nail it once moving along from the line.

may last scan i was at 2400 rpm on the brake at the line before i left. that was the old tranny, new one might have me learning my own car again lol

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 2.8, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned and AEM water/Meth injection https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

Chats

I've pushed the pedal too hard plenty of times. I tried the brake boost method where you hold the brake and gas pedal down at the same time, keep the revs to 2000 rpm, then let off the brake and go, but I'm too used to my other method, so I just need to work on my reaction time to improve, and i'm sure sticky tires will make a huge difference.

I'm going to try a new worm gear clamp on the coolant overflow line where it attaches to the radiator, I know the leak is coming from the top someplace, and could be the hose isn't sealed because the oem clamp failed.

I got the ac fixed yesterday, so I think I'm going to start running regular gas instead of E85 and use this car for my commuter vehicle. I also put a bigger pulley on so when I switch back to 91 there wont be any kr. The last thing I'm going to do is adjust the boost level of where the methanol starts spraying so I don't use as much when I'm driving over a mountain.
    Again, reaction time has nothing to do with ET. The clock doesn't start until you break the beams. You could sit at the start tree for 16 seconds, then run down the 1/4 and get a 10 second time slip.
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS - Stock DD mode
    1994 Dodge Stealth - Currently being revived. Modded

Chats

that seems really strange to me. I'm not sure I believe it. I had a full second reaction time at one point and it added a full second to my typical 1/8th mile time. maybe that's how they do it at your track, but I'm not sure if they do that here.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast