Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Chats

Default Now parked in a new garage, and need help with home improvement

oh the sweet vindication. my wife and I sold the house and moved out into the house my father in law built back in 2009 but couldn't sell. this new house has been rented the whole time so the original purchase price has been paid down 35K.

The other awesome thing is that the guy who bought our old house has a 2-3 car trailer that he parked in front where the neighbors occasionally parked their jalopy's. now the space is gone.

on a different topic, I'm trying to build a new base for my George Foreman grill that can go outside. I have a large stump that I am trying to drill a hole in so the metal rod can slide down making the base more sturdy, and a bit taller.

the problem I am having is that my drill is not that strong, so I'm looking for suggestions to make the drilling easier.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...psyxqoxikl.jpg

Chats

Default Re: My 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Special Edition

Spade bit. You might be able to turn it with that drill. Light pressure and high RPM should work.

Chats

I used the bit I have and took the stump over to my father in laws and used his 20 volt dewalt drill. the bit wouldn't bore deep enough so I used a hammer and a chisel to open it up more, and then drilled it again, stuck the pipe in and used some plastic pieces laying around as shims. I thought the hole would be deep enough, but as it stands right now, it's too tall. I have this drill bit coming and should be here sometime tomorrow, then I can bore the hole deeper and use the wood hole bit again. I was going to paint the stump black with a can of spray paint I had, and when I did, the can wouldn't spray, I have some 4 year old stain that I might try to use. I'm not sure if it is still good because it is old. we bought it to stain the front and back decks several years ago and bought too much, so it's been sitting for quite some time.

http://www.amazon.com/Freud-FB-015-2..._detailpages00

Chats

soliloquy part 10: I increased the transmission line pressure at higher ranges and miraculously my KR disappeared. I had like 4* at higher rpm's, which didn't make sense to me because I have an XP cam in with ported heads, stock gen 3 with a 3.4" pulley, and had KR before with a 3.8" pulley and same heads and cam. I have newfound motivation to go fast. Thanks to Brandon I'll have a 3.2" pulley installed next week sometime. if I can save my nickels and dimes, there is a nitrous kit on Amazon that I have been eyeballing, but won't happen for a few months.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Chats

wife and I went on a mini vacation up to a town called Thermopolis. here are some pictures.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/...pse5fjh9yh.jpg

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by ItHurtz View Post
    ummmm. the rtv piss you off or something?
    I know right?
    2003 Redfire Metallic Chevy Tahoe Z71 - Airaid Modular Intake Tube, Flowmaster Exhaust.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sunfire Guy
    Superchargers take away horsepower

Chats

Default Re: My 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Special Edition NEW nickname "The Jalopy"

I took a video of the car idling. it is almost a minute long. notice the slight lope from the xp cam.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/jo...tml?sort=3&o=0

Chats

Default Re: My 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Special Edition NEW nickname "The Jalopy"

I ran at the drag strip today. it was an 1/8th mile. fastest pass was 10.12. xp cam with ported heads, 3.2" pulley and 20* of commanded timing, actual was like 19*. my reaction time is getting better but I need to break the habit of just mashing the pedal. my first run at the track today my tires spun and had no traction until I realized it and then I let off and went.

Chats

had a couple antelope hanging out in my back yard this morning

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMarshal View Post
    I ran at the drag strip today. it was an 1/8th mile. fastest pass was 10.12. xp cam with ported heads, 3.2" pulley and 20* of commanded timing, actual was like 19*. my reaction time is getting better but I need to break the habit of just mashing the pedal. my first run at the track today my tires spun and had no traction until I realized it and then I let off and went.
    RT isn't factored into ET. It only really matters in a true heads up race.

Also 10.12 is pretty damn slow for your mods. That's about a 16.0 1/4. What's the elevation?
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS - Stock DD mode
    1994 Dodge Stealth - Currently being revived. Modded

Chats

Elevation is 6000 feet. I know it's slow, I'm trying to figure out what's wrong.

Actually like 6600 feet

Chats

here are a couple videos of me at the 1/8th mile track on Saturday. elevation is 6500 feet, and density altitude was at least 9500. needless to say car was slow with the best time for the day of 10.25

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

http://airdensityonline.com/track-re...poxia_Dragway/

Chats

funny thing, I have an engine bay shot for my profile image on my college account. every time I post on a discussion board that image shows up. I have been going to school for more than two years with the same type of image, and now that I am on my last term, someone actually asked for additional details. It must be a small world because the guy lives down in Huntsville, Alabama, and I spent about four months there on two different occasions for job training with my National Guard unit.

anyway, just an update on my car, I finally decided to change the flexplate, and it will be here on Monday. so we will see how long it takes to get that thing changed out.

Chats

my car wouldn't start several weeks ago, so I checked the battery and it was fine, then I ordered a starter and replaced it and it still wouldn't start, so I put a wrench on the harmonic balancer bolt and turned it, then it started. I thought maybe it had flexplate issues so I took the covers off and put my camera under the car to record the teeth of the flexplate, and it looks good. The car has been starting like it did before, so I guess it's fixed.

The car has always had starting issues, like I have to give it gas to start it when the engine is warm, when it's cold it will start right up.

I was going to put an intercooler on it but after this fiasco, I don't think I will.

Chats

I converted over to E85. initially the ethanol was 70% content so I set my cylinder gain to 1.2, then without realizing, the ethanol content went up to 90%, so the car ran a bit lean at the dragstrip. I've since retuned and should be good at the dragstrip on July 15. the wheels and tires need balanced and I have a new set of outer tie rods to replace, hopefully that get's done before the next race day. I bought and started installing a methanol injection kit. so far I have the injector installed in the zzp phenolic spacer and the tank installed in the trunk, I just want to install one more bolt and then it will be good. I also installed a KYGTP belt wrap from steven chesser, it was a little more work than I expected, but it's in there now.

Chats

some old videos, that 327 in the caprice sounds fantastic, too bad the car got sold.

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

also, got the methanol injection kit working and tuned, sh!t works great. love it. runs like it ran when it was intercooled.

Chats

another update to myself since no one reads this, or at least doesn't reply if they do read it. This car is crazy fast with E85 and Methanol injection. I got the 2.8 pulley on now, forgot to pull timing when i first put it on and had 2.4* of kr, dropped the timing down to 18 and didn't have any kr.

On a tuning note, the methanol makes it rich at random times, I can tune to bring the air fuel mixture within, but it takes more adjustments, and I pretty much have to make the adjustments using the wideband because the LTFT's takes more adjustments.

I can't wait for Saturday, hopefully someone there will record the car going fast, but if not, I'll have timeslips. with how fast it is now, I bet I will take off 1 second from my 1/8th mile time.

Chats

1/8 mile is pointless. I only live my life 1/4 mile at a time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    2003 Redfire Metallic Chevy Tahoe Z71 - Airaid Modular Intake Tube, Flowmaster Exhaust.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sunfire Guy
    Superchargers take away horsepower

Chats

Default Re: My 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Special Edition "I wanna go fast"

don't be jealous since you don't have a grand prix any more
    Last edited by SgtMarshal; 07-11-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast