Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Chats

Default Re: My Baby - 2000 Silver Mist GTP :) lots of pics!

all i know is if you gonna break it, really break it. you pulled that off good.

to me it seems like the valve failed and bent and locked up. cam pushed the push rod up and its travel was stopped from the bent valve and snapped the push rod.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 3.0, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned by me. http://www.grandprixforums.net/showthread.php?t=47574

Chats

Default Re: My Baby - 2000 Silver Mist GTP :) lots of pics!

Ok, so brought my head to machine shop to look at the valve guide, he didn't like the valves, seems they were a little galled, oil starved or the fuel dump washed the oil from them. The valve definitely got stuck, but the keepers were intact. Now I'm thinking to replace all the valves, so other than ZZP, where from? I checked Comp Cams and couldn't find the stock valves there, or can I call them? Let me know... Would like the Manley HD type valves but not sure they make them in stock. Intense has HD type, but for larger valves and I'm recutting the seats, stock is fine by me.

Last thoughts... I now have YT RR's in both 1.8 and 1.9, so... Who here has run, or is aware of running the 1.8 intake, 1.9 Exhaust? With the Overkill BBC cam, the exhaust would then be .6023... I have PAC-105's and a double roller timing chain. Heads are STGII for .600 lift. So then is +.0023 an issue? Lol... I could just do the clay check when assembling the heads to be sure, but thought I'd just ask.

thanks for listening : )

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567