Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Chats

Default Re: My Baby - 2000 Silver Mist GTP :) lots of pics!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMarshal View Post
    mine runs hotter in the summer time. my GXP hits 200-210 every day when I'm driving home in the heat, my 2001 gtp has a trans cooler, so it runs in the 190 ish range
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
    2002 GT all stock..... 195-205 in the cooler weather, 200-210 in the warmer. I have seen 220 in really hot weather and slow driving.
    Thanks guys, yeah, it's been up to 210, a little higher when it was hot a few weeks ago and I took it for a drive, with AC on it jumped, so killed AC. Going to order a GM Coolant Temp sensor, I replaced the sensor with a Dorman, so it's possible the numbers may be off just because different sensor and I'm worrying about nothing. There's no slippage and trans locks up nicely otherwise I might be scared the TC could be cause?

Took it out this morning for a few runs, 60*+ outside temp, coolant 185, trans 197...

I over think things, but really don't want this build to go bad too fast... Lol
    Overkill BBC Cam, YT 1.8 RR's, Rhodes Lifters, STGII Heads, GenV, Pacesetters, 3" Exh to Tips, TEP Trans. N*, ID 75# injectors/E85 coming soon

Chats

It will run colder on the e85

I can't car too good. SaukRapids's Avatar
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by coolone View Post
    It's 3.29 geared and I didn't put the trans cooler in yet. Temps got up to 206-210..
    Mine got up to 221 the other day, but then dropped to 197 cruising at 40mph for a couple miles (small town) before my turn.

It's never been consistently over 220, and I don't have alotta faith in the gauge, tbh.

Chats

Is just crazy cause largely due to my last build seizing, I'm listening to every hiccup and over checking everything. I know the stock transmission was never this hot... But I agonize over it when I know what to do (cooler), lol. Guess it's the procrastinator in me.

Appreciate the replies!
    Overkill BBC Cam, YT 1.8 RR's, Rhodes Lifters, STGII Heads, GenV, Pacesetters, 3" Exh to Tips, TEP Trans. N*, ID 75# injectors/E85 coming soon

Chats

Ok, well, got together with my buddy finally (he's been crazy busy) and he TIG Welded my exhaust! Had way too much stuff as I ordered parts to replace what was there, but he customized it, reducing the number of joints, is awesome!

So now I'm truly 3" from collector to tail... Stainless bend post collector, Nice Vibrant double wall stainless flex, HiFlow cat, VBand, I put in the two Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonators I had waiting too... No DRONE, but a beastly rumble!!! Those Hooker Maf-Flow's are the shyt!

No pics/vid (thank photobucket), so you'll have to take my word ; )

Next will be Trans Cooler

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678