Many people who are new to a forum make their first post a question about a problem. In an effort to keep the forum clean (with minimal repeat posts) please take a look at some of these threads that may answer your question!
Repair/Common problems: Most of these have made it to the "How-To" tab you see at the top of the home page as well.
- For general modding information, see our "Safely Modding your 3800" thread. http://www.grandprixforums.net/safel...car-17482.html
- Header information. Here you can find a list of pros and cons of each brand as well as a link to where you can buy them. http://www.grandprixforums.net/heade...ead-25922.html
- For the Naturally Aspirated (N/A) guys, here's some information on a "Top Swap." This is where you literally swap your top end for a supercharger/blower. You'll find a parts list, as well as some technical info and installation instructions. http://www.grandprixforums.net/top-s...info-7763.html
- Transmissions. Yeah, they have problems on these cars, you're not alone. This is a link to one of our vendors, Triple Edge Performance, who is very reputable in rebuilding/upgrading our tranny's. http://www.tripleedgeperformance.com/
- Lowering Thread. You can find a list of brands and pictures of how different setups affect ride height. http://www.grandprixforums.net/want-...ere-28165.html
- Open-cone vs. Cold air intake. Dyno runs of each to support the effect of either setup. For more detailed information on intake setups take a look at the How-To tab. http://www.grandprixforums.net/dyno-...ake-33225.html
- Information on how to fit wheels, tires, offsets in here: http://www.grandprixforums.net/got-s...ere-29622.html
There are "Sticky's" in each section of this forum with some popular information. Before you post a question about a problem be sure to check there. Earlier I referred to the How-To section. There are two of these, one in a tab at the top of the home page and another which has its own section below Tech Tips and above the Engine and Transmission sections. There are different things in each section so take a good look at both.
- A list of Check Engine codes or Service Engine Soon codes (SES) is available here:http://www.grandprixforums.net/dtc.php. When you have determined the code title, it should be easier for you to search the forum for other people with the same problem.
- The infamous "Water in Passenger Floorboard" for 1997-2003 body style. http://www.grandprixforums.net/water_floorboard.php
- For the 2004-2008 guys, here's some information on your water leaks. Post number 4 describes one issue, post number 5 describes another issue. Be sure to check both. http://www.grandprixforums.net/water_floorboard.php
- Coupler's are known to go bad on your M90. Here is a reference for a repair How to replace an M90 snout coupler without removing the entire blower.
- 2004-2008 Radio Light/LED's are known to go bad. Here is a link for the very simple repair. http://www.grandprixforums.net/radio...tml#post440494
- 1997-2003 Crankshaft Position Sensor repair. Fairly common, the telltale sign is a tachometer reading 0 RPM http://www.grandprixforums.net/cps.php
Feel free to send me links for other important threads. I am only able to work on this thread a little bit at a time so not everything has been included yet. In order to keep it neat Please do not post links in posts below, PLEASE PM ME TO ADD LINKS!