Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powerlogs

SE Level Member
    Chats

Default Powerlogs

Is ZZP the only one that makes a front powerlog?
    00 Black GT - KYB AGXs, Eibach Springs, GMPP Sway bars, Flowmaster 40s, 4500k HID - Totaled
    02 Black GT - KYB GR2s, Eibach Springs, GMPP Sway bars, 4500k HID w/projectors - Seized and Crushed
    00 Red GT - Stock for now

Chats

Default Re: Powerlogs

That I know of. What are you looking to do?

SE Level Member
    Chats

Replace the poopy manifold, just wondering if there were different options, could only find the one from zzp
    00 Black GT - KYB AGXs, Eibach Springs, GMPP Sway bars, Flowmaster 40s, 4500k HID - Totaled
    02 Black GT - KYB GR2s, Eibach Springs, GMPP Sway bars, 4500k HID w/projectors - Seized and Crushed

Chats

If you're just wanting to replace your manifold, unless you're going turbo, go for the speed daddy headers on ebay. They're dope. Had mine for a few thousand miles and they work flawlessly. Only con is that you have to bang out your firewall by the o2 sensor to get it to fit properly, but other than that, you can't ss headers for $200!

Chats

the gains are minimal if you are naturally aspirated.

Chats

My wifeís 06 na felt better with the front one on. Iím running the front and rear only because I got a good deal on Black Friday and didnít feel like going through the pain of putting in headers.

No more GP 04 Impala SS Indy:
    Gen V 3.6|FWI|N* TB lq4 MAF|1.8 Rockers|F&R Plogs|ZZP 3" Catted DP|ZZP 2.5" Catback|

Chats

Very true Sgt Marshal, and a valid thing to think about. I got them because they looked good, I intend on modifying it much much more, and because I was already replacing my catalytic converter and transmission at the time.

As far as installation, headers are really quite easy to install. I've been running a cheap ss high-flow catalytic converter with mine and replaced the cat, exhaust, and o2 sensors for under $300 including shipping and taxes. Took me about 2 hours to do even without a lift (though, I have done quite a bunch of mechanical work on these cars so take that with a grain of salt). If you're already taking off the crossover pipe and front header, you're already half-way there. Don't throw away your time or money in my opinion, get full headers.

SE Level Member
    Chats

All good info, what I'm looking at now is, I bought a ZZP DP and I have to replace at the least the flange on my resonator because of rust, I want the exhaust to be as free-flowing as possible. I am not looking to do a big NA build so my plans are, replace front and rear manifolds, DP, and I have yet to figure out the rest of the exhaust, I wanna run Flowmaster 40 mufflers so ill probably have an exhaust shop just do the piping. Without the resonator is it going to be raspy? I realize this thread has gone off topic.

Chats

I'm not a mechanical engineer, but I tend to take the opinion that the resonator is there for a reason. From what I've been told, the resonator actually helps with the exhaust scavenging effect, so removing it could actually negatively affect performance. That being said, I'm a bit skeptical of that personally, but I felt I had to play devil's advocate. If you're just looking for a little bit more flow, I'd go with the 04+ exhaust mainfolds. They are pretty close to logs even stock. At least, the ones I found on a comp-g are.

Turbo is the way to go. Fivefingerdeathpunch's Avatar
    Chats

Eh, the resonator is way too far back to worry about exhaust scavenging even if it mattered.

You'll regret running flowmasters if you care about your hearing and drone. Maybe my ears are sensative to that stuff but it just sounds god awful inside the cabin. Years ago my friend put those on his 3800 monte carlo ss, couldn't stand the drone it had all the time.

SMGPFC Member #1

SE Level Member
    Chats

04+ manifolds would fit on this car? I'm not definite on deleting the resonator

SE Level Member
    Chats

I ran fully stock exhaust on my first GP with Flowmaster 40s's and loved it, no drone in the car at all

Turbo is the way to go. Fivefingerdeathpunch's Avatar
    Chats

You must be half deaf then lol.

SMGPFC Member #1

Chats

Yes the manifolds fit fine, but if I remember correctly, you'll have to modify or delete egr. Hopefully someone else here remembers about that detail.

SE Level Member
    Chats

Haha yes i am kinda deaf lol
    I also ran Flowmaster 40's on my 93 SHO and sounded great

SE Level Member
    Chats

Headers are the same for the L36 and L67 right? Only reason I ask is the speed daddy headers on ebay only list compatibility for the GTP.

SE Level Member
    Chats

i now realize how dumb this sounds lol

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 00RedfireGT View Post
    i now realize how dumb this sounds lol
    Trust me, you're fine. I had the exact same thought when I was looking up the speed daddy headers so don't feel bad. lol

SE Level Member
    Chats

Cant beleive the whole set is only 200.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 00RedfireGT View Post
    Cant beleive the whole set is only 200.
    One of the best cheap mods we have out there! I love mine. If you go for them, remember that you have to pound out the firewall where the o2 sensor goes. Other than that, It gives you more room to work on your car also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast