Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

SE Level Member
    Chats

Thumbs up Is it possible to add navigation to a 2004 grand prix that did not previously have it

I have been searching for a navigation unit for my 2004 grand prix. It has the 6cd disc changer unit with the monsoon speaker set-up. I am wondering if i purchase an OEM navigation unit could I make it work in the car, after purchasing the map disc's and updating it to current. If anyone has one for sale, or could point me in the right direction for finding one it would be greatly appreciated. Again an OEM unit.

Thanks You

-Gold04

GT Level Member
    Chats

Default Re: Is it possible to add navigation to a 2004 grand prix that did not previously hav

As far as I know, the swap is doable but has some caveats.

I am unsure of the year cutoff but at one point you need to program the VIN of your car into the Nav as it won't work if they don't match. An updated disc will be required as well, the old maps are definitely just that, old.

NAV units pop up on eBay all the time, any GM NAV from this generation should work.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Chats

Default Re: Is it possible to add navigation to a 2004 grand prix that did not previously hav

Yep, but you will have to have it unlocked at a dealership or someone with a Tech 2 device and you may not get the HUD turn-by-turn like factory optioned cars would.

They are hard to come by, but I believe someone on here has one in the classifieds. I'm debating on setting mine as well, with antenna and map so I can go back to using ipod/subwoofer.
    2005 GTP - Graystone Metallic|SPO grills&spoiler/SE lip/Carbon Fiber INFERNO hood|7" Spectre|3.4 MPS|42lb Blue Giants + E85|SpeedDaddys|AL605|Vogtlands on FE3s|Vinnie's Spacers on solid lowers|Intense poly uppers|33mm Dorman + Addco rear sway|Drilled/slotted rotors|Plasti-dip 17" QP2 at +27 offset

Chats

You would need to run a wire to the PCM to get the speed sensor signal for the HUD navigation.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    97 GT white 4 door-SOLD

Cherry 2005 Impala LS- Front and Rear GMPP Strut Tower Braces

Chats

you would also nee the GPS antenna. Which is located under dash by windshield.
    'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others

SE Level Member
    Chats

Yes
    https://www.navdy.com/#see-the-road

Thinking of getting one for my 97 gtp. My friend has one and it is pretty sweet.