Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Chats

Default There is life after the gt....

Hopefully im allowed to still post this here even though its not a grand prix, but i feel somewhat established here and enjoy and respect your guys input. But as some of you may know i recieved an offer on my 01 gt i couldnt refuse, 3750 is more than that car has been worth in a long time and honestly i had alot of "plans" for its future but i had pretty much reached its peak outside of turbo, to dump over 2k into "mods" weather it be apperarance or performance and in the end be sub 200whp (wayyy sub) going any further was a pipe dream. So i picked up something that was clean with low milage, with the same investment i am hopeing to see somewhere right under 300whp. Maybe more in the future but thats my goal for now. So heres the car and my immediate and future plans. Its a 98 Riviera l67 with a tad over 130k on her, it was a one owner car with every shred of maitenance paperwork ever performed. The car is completely rust free, not that it doesnt need a little love but atleast there is no rott to deal with. My immediate plans for the car are autolite 103's, 180 tstat, intense pcm, fwi, and a 3.6 pulley and a scan gauge. This is all to get the mod bug biting i just pulled the trigger on intense to order all this outside the scan gauge as im hoping to find a used one. My future plans are headers, intercooler, gen v, 3.4 pulley, e85.... As for the body, the hood has taken a beating over the last 20 years but the rest of the paint is in realitivly good shape, some minor dings and scratches but nothing terrible. So i shedualed to have the hood painted and blended into the fenders i was quoted 400 to do so. Struts are new so its on monster truck statis so im quickly looking for a solution for this haha. I will bring you guys along on the journey as long as im allowed to. Incase anyone wants to know i paid 1900 bucks for the car, i think it was fair considering it being low milage rust free and one owner. Thanks guys.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

Turbo is the way to go. Fivefingerdeathpunch's Avatar
    Chats

Default Re: There is life after the gt....

103's are too cold. Start with 1 step colder at 605's.

SMGPFC Member #1

Chats

Ok, wonder if i can change that order since it hasnt shipped yet..... Ill email intense asap. Thank you.

I can't car too good. SaukRapids's Avatar
    Chats

I'd skip the thermostat unless you find a deal. Another sticker car, that a Mankato thing? It's been too long since I lived on Cherry St...

I like the color, and those seats look comfy. Two doors are way more awesome than four also.

I have a GenV laying in the garage waiting for some color and such. Probably won't have it done till next season, so try and mod really, really slow. Lol!

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by SaukRapids View Post
    I'd skip the thermostat unless you find a deal. Another sticker car, that a Mankato thing? It's been too long since I lived on Cherry St...

I like the color, and those seats look comfy. Two doors are way more awesome than four also.

I have a GenV laying in the garage waiting for some color and such. Probably won't have it done till next season, so try and mod really, really slow. Lol!
    I guess the sticker just helps me make it more "mine" for the time being lol probably makes no sense. Those bonneville wheels got to go asap so im on the look out for something decent to put on. And modding slow is not in my nature haha but i think gen v is a by next spring plan.

Chats

Those rims don't look that bad, man. Maybe a little chunky on the sidewall, but still alright. This is from CL and those are the same, right? lol.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by SaukRapids View Post
    Those rims don't look that bad, man. Maybe a little chunky on the sidewall, but still alright. This is from CL and those are the same, right? lol.

No those are the previous gen bonne wheels. Mine are from 2000+ bonne se. I found a couple sets of lacrosse 18's up in the cities area i might go check out next weekend.

Chats

Whats your guys opinion on intake, would i ok to run a hai. With the filter over where the factory air box is or is my best bet going into the fender. I notice alot of guys just run a hai. The only way to get into the fender/bumper of the g body is to cut alot of material out.

Chats

Just put an open cone on it, and call it a day.

Handling upgrades, go-slow parts, and an attitude.

SE Level Member
    Chats

Beautiful cars with an amazing build quality. You are going to like this.

SE Level Member
    Chats

Beautiful cars with an amazing build quality. You are going to like this. Might want to check out Riviera Performance site for everything Riv related.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by WarStryker13 View Post
    Just put an open cone on it, and call it a day.
    Can prolly still pull the headlight out if you're at the track, right?

Mine stay in because my car is a super slow DD. lol

Chats

Yeah i could easily pull a light. And i signed up over at rivperformance just waiting for my account to be activated

Chats

I like the riviera. I almost bought one before the gp. They make good unassuming sleepers
    Just a bunch of junk thrown together http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...shes-a-runner)

Chats

Well i think i have run into my first "issue" and i had better get this figured out before i install any mods... Ill explain whats going on, sometimes when i go to get on it from a stop the car accelerates like a dog, like dead stop no traction control and doesnt even chirp um and has about the acceleration of my gt when it was stock, other times it takes off like a bat out of hell leaving a trail of tire smoke. It almost feels like on occasion the car is setting off in second gear yet i know its not because i can feel it shift through all 4 gears. I do have a check engine light for camshaft position sensor, i ordered the part but everywhere i have looked shows that wouldnt cause any adverse effects to the cars drivability. Its not bucking or missing it just feels like sometimes im missing about 60whp, another note to add is the when it does do it its like it "comes" on hard after about 4k so it accelerates like a dog off the line then boost hits at 4k and shes a rocketship again, like turbo lag without the turbo. Thanks guys for any advice.

Chats

I think i figured it out, bbv was messed with before ( probably when lim was done) it was mounted like someone did the opposite of the bbv mod, like they lossened it and pushed it all the way up insted of down, i loosened it and positioned it somewhere in the middle or what i could assume is a stock location. Took it on a little test run and nothing but tire smoke and smiles (multiple times )

Chats

thats a weird ass looking car. looks like 2 front ends with some doors..

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by ItHurtz View Post
    thats a weird ass looking car. looks like 2 front ends with some doors..
    I guess thats a matter of taste. What i like about it is that there isnt one in almost every parking lot i pass by

Chats

Well here i go again guys, i have decieded to paint this one too. Got the appointment set up today for june 30th. We are going to go with a gm forest green metallic the car is currently majestic teal. We are also going to paint all the metallic grey trim around the bottom of the car to match (it is not textured) also tomorrow im going to order some rear shocks to convert from air ride to hopefully eliminate some squat. My intense order should be here next week but im holding off on installing the pulley untill i get a scan gauge.

Heres a little preview of the color.

Chats

Well i got some progress done. Got the air shock conversion done today ( now its a monster truck in the back too!!!) i also have the car sanded and ready for paint in a little over a week. I still need to get this cam position sensor in but im dredding having to take the power steering pump off just to remove the engine mount to get at the damn thing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast