Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Chats

Default Re: About donations (?)

Long time lurker here.

If the owner's didn't/don't care about the forum, why didn't someone ask Ice or (whoever hacked the forum) to transfer the site somewhere else? I'm assuming they won't keep paying for the hosting or renew the domain if they don't care anymore and it would have been useful to have all of this information saved and moved somewhere else. Seems like a waste to let this forum just die and disappear.
    06 GXP - lowered, 20% tint

Chats

theres no talking to asshole josh, he will just say it was not me as always, but we know better.

as long as the lights stay on here i could really care less if theres mods or not.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 2.8, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned and AEM water/Meth injection https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

Chats

Agreed (as long as the site is around) but eventually, without administration, it'll get messy!

For the life of me though, I couldn't begin to comprehend the childish thought process where someone would want to delete threads and information on spite! It would be akin to a little girl crying and stomping her feet, a sad and dispicable sight for sure.
    Overkill BBC Cam, YT 1.8 RR's, Rhodes Lifters, STGII Heads, GenV, Pacesetters, 3" Exh to Tips, TEP Trans. N*, ID 75# injectors/E85 coming soon

Chats

People am dumb.
    Years ago I was in a clan for gaming and I was an admin on the servers and on the forums, I had root access to the server. A guy that had been banned from the servers and forums on multiple accounts and ip addresses, I think at one point we had the entire continent of Great Britain ip blocked because of this guy, brute forced my admin password while I was at work one day and deleted almost everything. His reasons were if he couldn't play on the server than no one else should be able to either. Thankfully the server owner had a backup of everything. Since then no one has hacked into a single account of mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Slick2500; 06-22-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    2003 Redfire Metallic Chevy Tahoe Z71 - Airaid Modular Intake Tube, Flowmaster Exhaust.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sunfire Guy
    Superchargers take away horsepower

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Scottydoggs View Post
    theres no talking to asshole josh, he will just say it was not me as always, but we know better.

as long as the lights stay on here i could really care less if theres mods or not.
    Without mods this place will eventually become a dumpster fire. I mod on another board and delete spam posts and ban bots and the like on a daily basis. It's only a matter of time before the site gets overrun with the same thing. With no mods to delete and ban it will get bad.
    Last edited by stealthee; 06-23-2017 at 05:21 AM. Reason: damn autocorrect
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS - Stock DD mode
    1994 Dodge Stealth - Currently being revived. Modded

Chats

I hope not. That would suck.
    2003 Redfire Metallic Chevy Tahoe Z71 - Airaid Modular Intake Tube, Flowmaster Exhaust.

Chats

Ya the spam bots would end it. But if someone got the site back online you would think they would be monitoring in the background for stuff like that.

Chats

I think there might be a system in place because in all of the years I have been on here I've seen like 2 or 3 spam bots on here.

GT Level Member
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    Without mods this place will eventually become a dumpster fire. I mod on another board and delete spam posts and ban bots and the like on a daily basis. It's only a matter of time before the site gets overrun with the same thing. With no mods to delete and ban it will get bad.
    This. It didn't seem like we did a lot but there was always quite a bit of banning going on for spam, junk users, and people from craigslist trying to put parts on blast everywhere. Someone was always working on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick2500 View Post
    I hope not. That would suck.
    Point in case of having people up top.

Quote Originally Posted by ItHurtz View Post
    Ya the spam bots would end it. But if someone got the site back online you would think they would be monitoring in the background for stuff like that.
    Don't back track. Either you want people up top or not. Don't talk out both sides of your mouth. I've already stated multiple times that Devil's Own doesn't care. Why don't you reach out and contact them?
    Last edited by blueguy91; 06-23-2017 at 10:27 AM.
    1999 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Classic Z71 - Intake/Gibson Exhaust - The Daily
    2004 Chevrolet Corvette MRM A4 - AFE S2 Intake/TSP Catless LT's/3" ORX/C6 ZR1 Wheels/Exhaust Tips
    Sold WBody's: '98 GT, '98 GTP, '00 GTP, '03 GTP, '05 GXP

SE Level Member
    Chats

New user here.,.,.

I was going to donate after this site helped me solve my prolems, then I ran across this post. After giving it a good read I am still unsure if I should donate or not?

also I am on a few gaming forums and they all run some form of spam-bot blocker. does this site not do that as well?

Turbo is the way to go. Fivefingerdeathpunch's Avatar
    Chats

I wouldn't donate, there is nobody running this place anymore.

SMGPFC Member #1

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by blueguy91 View Post

Don't back track. Either you want people up top or not. Don't talk out both sides of your mouth. I've already stated multiple times that Devil's Own doesn't care. Why don't you reach out and contact them?
    Why would I contact them? Hey devils, this guy on gpf is crying he isnt boss of the ban hammer no more and gets mad when he cant ban people so he can have the last word.......?

Think of it like a divorce, all those years married, did all the ass kissing for your wife not to kick your ass to the curb, kicks your ass to the curb, judge grants divorce, game over, move on with life.

GT Level Member
    Chats

Why would I contact them? Hey devils, this guy on gpf is crying he isnt boss of the ban hammer no more and gets mad when he cant ban people so he can have the last word.......?
    Hardly crying about it. You apparently think I'm upset about not running this place? Not even close. I'm upset that I tried spending tons of time fixing everything and got no where with them for inconsiderate ****s like you that think you're something special.

Newsflash, lol. You're not.
    2004 Chevrolet Corvette MRM A4 - AFE S2 Intake/TSP Catless LT's/3" ORX/C6 ZR1 Wheels/Exhaust Tips

Chats

Chris B
    2002 GT

GT Level Member
    Chats

* - speshul peepul

Bronco Boy*

I guess I could start a list?

Chats

I guess I could start a list?
    Waste of your time. I find that the special people don't care about being special, so after you point and laugh at them, just move on.

And to be clear, my mom says I'm special, but I don't believe her. LOL
    Chris B
    2002 GT

GT Level Member
    Chats

It's questionable.

Love,

Me

Chats

Hardly crying about it. You apparently think I'm upset about not running this place? Not even close. I'm upset that I tried spending tons of time fixing everything and got no where with them for inconsiderate ****s like you that think you're something special.

Newsflash, lol. You're not.
    You are upset you cant hide that sweety. Your butt lover owned you and you got ejected, game over.

Id looooooooooooove for you to show me anywhere, internet or this forum where I said I was special and needed to be served
    with a silver spoon. You got owned, your not special, your the same as anyone else on the internet, get over that, embrace it, stop trying to have the last word because clearly you have personal issues that you can only solve with the ban button.

GTP Level Member cheatah faheatah's Avatar
    Chats

C'mon fella's , let peace prevail. Momma said "Don't go to bed angry", well, don't forum angry, either???
    not what it looks like

Chats

You are upset you cant hide that sweety. Your butt lover owned you and you got ejected, game over.

Id looooooooooooove for you to show me anywhere, internet or this forum where I said I was special and needed to be served
    with a silver spoon. You got owned, your not special, your the same as anyone else on the internet, get over that, embrace it, stop trying to have the last word because clearly you have personal issues that you can only solve with the ban button.
    You're

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345