Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Thread: My '01 GS

SE Level Member
    Chats

Default My '01 GS

Most of my posts have been in the Tuning section, so I figured I'd post pictures of the car itself. I can't wait for summer because I'd actually like to drive the car. It's spending most of it's time in the garage except for nice days where the salt is all washed off the road.

Been around these cars for a very, very long time, just haven't been active here. I've had plenty of W cars, 1Gs and 2Gs. A few L67 cars. My last Regal was a '98 and I sold that to a guy from W-body.com years back, although I think he's on here too (Al Walker). That car went through multiple versions of suck before I finally threw in the towel. At the end, I had an L36 block in it, 3.29 gears, headers, various GSX stuff, a GP HUD, GP seats, etc etc.

I pretty much swore away anything with a 3800 or a 4T65E until Spring 2016 when the transmission in my Altima SE-R let go. Seeing as how the 6-speed MT in those cars are one, extremely rare, and two, extremely expensive to rebuild, I unloaded it. I was living in Atlanta at the time, and I couldn't find anything good for any reasonable amount of money. Ended up scouring "nearby area" Craigslist ads and found an '01 Regal GS in South Carolina with like 115k on it. Garage kept it's entire life and I am the second owner.

I've done various things here and there to it. One of the first things was a HUD out of a Rendezvous. I was originally going to do a GP one like my first Regal, but finding a good GP HUD is getting difficult. Even after re-soldering the sunload sensor, a lot of units are simply getting old and extremely dim and no amount of cleaning or soldering fixes it. I got the wheels off a 5-speed '89 Cutlass Supreme that I was going to do a 3400 swap into, but I ended up canning the project when I decided I was moving back to Pittsburgh. Threw them on as a joke and realized out I actually liked them. Did 4th Gen F-body front brakes a long while ago.

Very recently, I converted over to the Gen V and installed front and rear Powerlogs and downpipe, and the ZZP 3" catback. I got the SC itself for cheap months ago and it actually came with an early ZZP IC LIM, so I was going to do an IC, but decided against it at the last minute. Maybe sometime in the future. For now, here's the car (the laptop and mount are only in there for scanning/tuning and the whole thing unbolts in 5 minutes when I'm done with it):

2001 Buick Regal GS Supercharged 3.8L 231ci Pushrod 90 V6 | 4T65E-HD
    Gen V M90, 3.6" MPS, F&R Powerlogs, 3" DP, 3" catback, Intake, 104s, 180 t-stat, Rendezvous HUD, Blacked-out headlights, Tint, F-body front brakes, Tuned.

Chats

Default Re: My '01 GS

shes a clean one for sure.

any more info on the laptop holder you got there? brand, mounting? my laptop ends up on the pass seat , eye level would be nicer for sure.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 3.0, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned by me. https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

SE Level Member
    Chats

Thanks!

It's a RAM Mounts no-drill mount for a Chevrolet Impala police car. The Impala mount itself bolts to the seat tracks. The telepole and laptop base is actually from a different RAM kit that I got off Craigslist for cheap. I had to cut down the telepole to make it work since it was made for a bus for semi truck or something. I've seen these in junkyard police cars for years and never thought to grab one, now I'm kicking my own ass for it down the road.
    Gen V M90, 3.6" MPS, F&R Powerlogs, 3" DP, 3" catback, Intake, 104s, 180 t-stat, Rendezvous HUD, Blacked-out headlights, Tint, F-body front brakes, Tuned.

Chats

no drill, i like that. ill have to look em up. thanks.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 3.0, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned by me. https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

SE Level Member
    Chats

NP. The vehicle base part # is VB-111. http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-VB-111

The entire kit is VB-111-SW1. http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-VB-111-SW1