Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: Tuning 60 pound injectors

i just changed my time vs fuel folder, and my ltft are no where near the same, they went leaner now. across the board. that was the only change other then more timing.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 2.8, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned and AEM water/Meth injection https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

GTP Level Member
    Chats

I should have a wideband before messing with the WOT timing, correct?
    When I do the WOT run there are no changes I need to make to the tables is there? Just do a 0-100 run or two on the scan.
    2007 Grand Prix GT. Pacesetter headers, 1.8 roller rockers, CAI, HPTuned, 3.4pulley, TEP transmission, DIY ported heads, 90# springs, rollmaster single timing chain, fuel pump rewire, poly mounts/performance suspension, Impala front brakes drilled and slotted rotors.
    Past Grand Prix- 97 GT, 03 GT, 04 GT, 04 Comp G.

Chats

when i first started out i had no wb, once i got one it was well within the safe range. so i say have at it. just be scanning and watching for kr, if you see it, get out of the gas asap.

im able to set up my gauge to change color when kr is active, anything under 2 flashes blue, any thing 2 or more is red. i see red im off the gas.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 2.8, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned and AEM water/Meth injection https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

GTP Level Member
    Chats

Ok I will try to follow the "starting hp tuners" guide for using the narrowband. Any other guides that you can think of or is that one pretty accurate to follow?
    2007 Grand Prix GT. Pacesetter headers, 1.8 roller rockers, CAI, HPTuned, 3.4pulley, TEP transmission, DIY ported heads, 90# springs, rollmaster single timing chain, fuel pump rewire, poly mounts/performance suspension, Impala front brakes drilled and slotted rotors.

Chats

theres one in the drop box, garys or jerrys, one is dhp, the other hpt, not sure what one is what any more. been a long time since i read one.

Chats

i forgot, but i actually scaled the cells just like the stock file with the same count between cells. believe it or not the scans called for these settings.

GTP Level Member
    Chats

Well something is off. On my way to bowling just now I made a few rolling WOT from lights and I seen up to 6*+ of knock and it didn't seem to run as good as normal. Tomorrow I will make the same runs with the HPT hooked up. Hopefully I can get some input on what is going on.

Chats

check that somethings not hitting.

heres a good test. in park, rev the engine up, but not to the point its bouncing off the limiter, like right to it, while scanning for kr, if you get kr, the blower is fuked up. seen this happen to a local, no matter what i did he had kr, then found it had kr in park revving it. theres no load on the engine in park, so it should never have kr in park.

i took the belt off and the kr went away. he put a new blower on and we got him tuned up finally.

GTP Level Member
    Chats

I tried the rpm in park and there was no knock. Tomorrow at some point I will get some scans

GTP Level Member
    Chats

I recorded a scan and noticed that the injector duty cycle is going through the roof. Maybe my injectors are not set correct. I had them scaled 20 percent above stock and that worked with the old tune but not this one. So maybe I need to go back to the beginning and scale the injectors for what they are and then do the LTFT adjustments??? What do you all think?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ole40vksvv...0crap.hpl?dl=0

Chats

Idc on 04+ cars is not accurate. You have to watch the Afr and fuel pressure to see if you are leaning out.

2001 GTP - cam, headers, nitrous, stock trans - 11.83 @ 116 <$2k in mods - sold
    2005 F350 6.0 - studded, deleted, bulletproofed, tuned
    1966 Olds Cutlass 442 Convertible
    2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.0l

Chats

setting your injector flow rate should be a one time adjustment.

GTP Level Member
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMarshal View Post
    setting your injector flow rate should be a one time adjustment.
    i don't think I set them correctly to begin with. I only went 20% above stock to get the trims close because I didn't know what I was doing (still don't). So I am thinking of changing the injectors by how much the size change was and starting over. 60/36 and scale them 66% bigger than stock so multiply the stock table by 1.66.

GTP Level Member
    Chats

I think that I will replace the fuel filter also. Maybe it clogged??

Chats

a clogged fuel filter would lean your fuel trims. here is a screen shot of a 2001 gtp with 60 lb injectors. the 97-03 gtp's have 36 lb injectors while the 04+ have 33 lb, so this won't be exactly what you need, but pretty close.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6K...ew?usp=sharing

GTP Level Member
    Chats

Ok now I'm really confused. Those are set at 22 across the board. my stock start at 29 and the 60# higher. I thought the bigger the injectors the higher the number.

these are my stock settings.

Chats

If I remember correctly, with hp tuners, the bigger the injector the lower the ifr should be, because it takes less pulses to inject the same amount of fuel

Chats

Make sure that data is correct before you change anything

Chats

same with dhp, larger injectors, = a smaller value.

Chats

I'm really confused as to what your ifr table is actually set at. But, if you are on e85 with 60lb injectors, it should be something like this.

04+ cars are not mapped correctly, so this table is not completely accurate. But I've used it with success.

2001 GTP - cam, headers, nitrous, stock trans - 11.83 @ 116 <$2k in mods - sold
    2005 F350 6.0 - studded, deleted, bulletproofed, tuned
    1966 Olds Cutlass 442 Convertible
    2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.0l

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast