Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SE Level Member
    Chats

Default preffered logging setup

what are you guys using to log
    I have tried setting up uvscan but cant for the life of me get the logs to save someplace I can find them after.
    and it seems like uvscan 2 or 3 just flat out wont work on these cars or maybe its just my old ass tuning laptop
    im open to another program that works well and cam make logging easier

Chats

Default Re: preffered logging setup

it saves in the tiny tuner folder under logs iirc. theres a set up button top left iirc, click that and you will see a part where you open note pad and change the path if you want to save it to your own folder.

they are named racetrack and the date when you save it. "Racetrack01-09-17" or something like that.

and i pretty much use dhp only for my scans, tt is a bit clitchy to me when scanning. not sure if its my lap top or what.

edit: not tiny tuner but the UV scan folder, ah durrr.
    Last edited by Scottydoggs; 01-09-2017 at 04:23 PM.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 3.0, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned by me. http://www.grandprixforums.net/showthread.php?t=47574

Chats

UV scan is decent. Definitely a step up from the powrtuner software. But I do most of my scanning with hpt. It's less glitchy and easy to use.

2001 GTP - cam, headers, nitrous, stock trans - 11.83 @ 116 <$2k in mods
    2013 F150 Ecoboost Platinum - Stock
    1966 Olds Cutlass 442 Convertible
    2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.0l

SE Level Member
    Chats

i been using dhp to scan since i can get to the logs easier. it randomly wont save a log witch really sucks since if i make a 45-100 mph pull and loose it i loose all that data
    uv scan dont seem to like me telling it what folder i want the logs sent to for some reason

Chats

like i said, open the uv scan folder you that was made when you unzipped it and installed it from, its in your download folder i bet, open it, then the top file is "logs", its saved there by default.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 3.0, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned by me. http://www.grandprixforums.net/showthread.php?t=47574

Chats

screen shot from my vs of uvscan, this one this window opens when you hit set up. the bottom line is what you change to where you like or where its is by default

SE Level Member
    Chats

I will have to try uvscan 2. Been using 1.0 so far
    I have 3 different uv scan applications that were given to me by a buddy who is good with these cars.

Chats

ive been through all 3 too, this one seems to work best for me.

the other vs you hit set up and change the path in note pad, or make a short cut to the log folder on your desktop.

Chats

I'm another HPT guy. Seems like you are looking for DHP/AVT type input though.

2010 Audi A6 Dual IC's

Chats

i use UV Scan 1.0, tried V2 and its OK.
    I really which I still had my old autotap
    --
    Current GTP Coupe: VS Cam, 3.0, S2IC, TOG, Corsa. it once ran a 13 flat
    Old GTP Sedan: Pullied, rockered, SSIC, etc. Stock 14.33 @ 96.5 / PB: 13.95 @ 98.6

GT Level Member
    Chats

anyone know why I am getting this error? I'm trying to figure out how to use DHP and so far it's not working out to well. lol I can't even figure out how to log with it. I got the DHP started and that's about it
    2004 Comp G. Pacesetter headers, 1.8 roller rockers, Wizair CAI, Overkill'd, 3.4 pulley, ZZP transmission, fuel pump and alt rewire, poly mounts/performance suspension, Impala front brakes drilled and slotted rotors. blah blah blah

Chats

you dont launch it from there. open your programs it should show as a new program, "digitalhorsepower.inc" then click it and then click "power tuner"

i right click and drag the power tuner and make a short cut on my desk top for it.

GT Level Member
    Chats

I can not get powr tuner 2.3 to work but the 1.2.4 opens. I got it paired with the interface and car. I cant figure out how to log from it so I installed UV scan 2 and will try to log from there.
    2004 Comp G. Pacesetter headers, 1.8 roller rockers, Wizair CAI, Overkill'd, 3.4 pulley, ZZP transmission, fuel pump and alt rewire, poly mounts/performance suspension, Impala front brakes drilled and slotted rotors. blah blah blah

Chats

open dhp, click scantool, then click scan vehicle. a new window pops open, click connect. from there you need to pick what your scanning on the left window, as you add stuff it ends up on the right side.

you need to be hooked to the car and car running to set this up.

edit, once you got what you want in the right side window, you can check items off for a gauge to show you live data a you drive. once this is all picked out, gauges set up and moved so they are not over the window it will stay that way next time you hook up to scan the car, all you do is connect and hit start log.

GT Level Member
    Chats

awesome thanks!! I will give this thing a run in the morning. I will also do some researching to figure out how to read my current tune and save it. I will look through the DHP handbook.

Chats

thats easy, shut everything off, in your case pull radio fuse, hit ebrake to kill parking lights, then key to run, engine off, doors shut, dont touch jack while it reads.

hit pcm flash, then read pcm, then read PCM. it will open a save window when done save it where you like and name it, make a copy of it and store it name it dont touch lol turn key off open the door, dont trry to start it for 30 seconds.

GT Level Member
    Chats

urghhhh. I can not get it to log. I select the perimeters to the right side and started the log, everything turned green like it was logging, i hit pause log it turns orange, when I'm done with my runs there is no option to save so I pause and wait then disconnect. nothing happens and the log is not saved. Am I missing something?? im on version 1.2.4

Chats

just out of curiosity, did you download and save you tune?

when I was using dhp, I used the UV Scan software to datalog. once I found one that worked, I had a much higher rate of success. when I did use dhp scanning software, what would happen a lot is that I would go to save the scan, and the scan would stop saving one frame before the very end, and would just sit there and do nothing, so I would hit cancel and it would save everything except the last frame. one thing I noticed is that the longer the scan, the longer it took to save, and sometimes there would be blocks of data missing.

Chats

it auto saves, its saved in the scantool drop down you got the scanner from. so hit that, go to logs, play back logs, then click and open the log. they are saved by date and time. bottom one is the last one done.

GT Level Member
    Chats

No I have not downloaded my current tune yet. I did not want to mess with that since I am new to the program. I figured if I can't get it to log then I shouldn't go any further so I do not ruin anything. It seems like I am doing it right by the DHP manual.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast