Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Thread: New guy eh?

Chats

Default New guy eh?

Hey all, new guy from Canada & I just picked up a '04 GP GT2 package for a winter car/ daily. She's been sitting a while and needs a bit of love which is why I joined up here. First thing on the list is a general tune up, it needs a new thermostat as it runs cool (only a quarter of the way up the temp gauge), but still has heat at least & a coolant flush to get rid of the Dexcool BS. Need to get a set of winter tires too. Only other major issues I've noticed so far is that when its warmed up it needs a bit of gas to fire up if you turn it off, the front end seems to feel a little floaty on the highway, and the wipers don't to go back to the "parked" position if you use them and turn them off.

Body wise its got some rust that should to be addressed & I want to get new headlights since these are just hazed out and I'm too lazy to try and save them. It's got some LED tails which don't have resistors in them so the turn signals go nuts when you use them so I may get some OEM ones. Maybe. It's also got a K&N CAI and maybe a bit of an exhaust leak.

But everything works in the car, it shifts smooth and drives good, heated seats are nice and its got the Monsoon stereo so what more could you ask for from a car that was $1500 to serve as a winter beater?

Here's a couple pics from the FS ad, might take some more once I get it on the road and cleaned up.

GT Level Member cheatah faheatah's Avatar
    Chats

Default Re: New guy eh?

Beauty ride. Black is cool. These cars are coldblooded, 1/4 on temp. gauge is normal. Mine's NEVER went to 1/2. Since you've got heat and defrost. you're OK. With the hard start, try cleaning you MAF & throttle body, Plugs & wires couldn't hurt either. Check rockers and rear strut towers for rust. Where the heck is Yeg?
    not what it looks like

Chats

Mine will go to half if you let it idle long enough but go back down to 1/4 once you start driving, plus it gets really cold here so having 'ok' heat really sucks. I'll give that a try hopefully sometime this week, its already got new wires and plugs. Its Edmonton, Alberta - our airport code.

GT Level Member cheatah faheatah's Avatar
    Chats

YEG=you...PVD=me
    not what it looks like

SE Level Member
    Chats

yeg is Edmonton Alberta airport code