Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Chats

Default 2000 daytona gtp for sale question

So had a 2000 Daytona GTP come into the shop today with a for sale sign but no price. Vehicle has only 7640 miles, still smells like a new car inside and in mint condition. No issues beside having the valve cover recall performed. What would you offer someone for it!!
    Team JB-Weld

Turbo is the way to go. Fivefingerdeathpunch's Avatar
    Chats

Default Re: 2000 daytona gtp for sale question

Likely still not a lot, it's still 17 years old now.

Under $10,000 for sure but I'm still not sure I'd want it unless I planned to keep it for a long time and drive it daily.

SMGPFC Member #1

Chats

Well here's the update. talked to the customer and they are asking $7500 so I decided to pass, I told her I'd pay her $1 per cc of the engine so her price was close to double. I'll give her a few months and see
    Team JB-Weld

GT Level Member
    Chats

I got a Daytona 500 same year with 65k. I paid slightly over your $1 per cc of engine. I was happy with my deal. So i dont think you were to far off. A car that has been sitting so long will have gasket issues or other problems when you start to drive it all the time.

SE Level Member
    Chats

7640 miles is super low for a 2000. Did the car look like new and stored inside? If you're not interested PM contact info if you have it, I may be interested.

SE Level Member
    Chats

Well, after several months this Daytona 500 is now mine. It is about as close to a new 2000 Grand Prix GTP Daytona 500 Coupe that you're ever going to find. It is pretty much as described, the interior is perfect and still smells like new, it has the original tires and they look like new, the underneath doesn't have a spot of rust and the exhaust looks like new, all the light lenses look like new, the body has a couple minor door dings, but after all it is used, the paint shines like new. It is very evident that this car spent most of it's existence stored in the garage. I got it for less then the original asking price and very happy with the purchase and condition of the vehicle.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by waupachino View Post
    Well, after several months this Daytona 500 is now mine. It is about as close to a new 2000 Grand Prix GTP Daytona 500 Coupe that you're ever going to find. It is pretty much as described, the interior is perfect and still smells like new, it has the original tires and they look like new, the underneath doesn't have a spot of rust and the exhaust looks like new, all the light lenses look like new, the body has a couple minor door dings, but after all it is used, the paint shines like new. It is very evident that this car spent most of it's existence stored in the garage. I got it for less then the original asking price and very happy with the purchase and condition of the vehicle.
    That's awesome man, congrats!!! What was the final buying price? I would seriously see if you can get it on a classic car insurance / agreed upon value policy. I'm working on getting mine insured for 7k for $145 year. The same company does my Camaro for 16k @ $200 year.
    99 GTP , 01 Z/28 H/C/I , 05 Hemi Grand Cherokee, 07 Ducati S2r800

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by waupachino View Post
    Is awesome to know these are still lurking around out there : )
    Gives me some hope to find a rust free donor body soon, lol...

If garage kept, there's a good chance the gasket issue may not be an issue at all. Give it a top to bottom and don't be fooled that just because it still smells new, doesn't mean it is... Less than 10k is insane, that thing isn't broken in yet.

By the way... Pics or it didn't happen ; )
    Overkill BBC Cam, YT 1.8 RR's, Rhodes Lifters, STGII Heads, GenV, Pacesetters, 3" Exh to Tips, TEP Trans. N*, ID 75# injectors/E85 coming soon

SE Level Member
    Chats

I have recent dealership service history from when this car was in for the valve cover/gasket recall. There is without a doubt this car is legit and the mileage listed for it is correct. When I say everything looks like new and not a spot of rust on it, I'm being serious. I've looked underneath it all the lines are shiny with no rust present. I've been around cars all my life so I'm pretty good at knowing what I'm looking at. The story behind the vehicle is that the Ladies brother bought the car back when it came out and passed away shortly after. The Mother/Father kept the car in memory of their son and they passed away. After Mother/Father passed the Lady inherited the car, she already had a Cadillac so it was hardly driven. The whole time it sat in a garage underneath a car cover, which also came with the car. The Lady decided since she's moving it was time to let the car go. If you're into Grand Prix's this is likely the unicorn of them at this point and an awesome garage find.

I've got some pics that were sent to me, but I don't have any since delivery and don't have a photo sharing account to host them.

Chats

Awesome find!
    1999 Black GTP (stock)
    2017 ZL1 (Red Hot)
    2016 Camaro SS (wife's car)

GTX Level Member SomeDudeAtHome's Avatar
    Chats

This is pretty awesome. You've gotta open a photobucket account and get some pictures posted!
    Black 98 GT bought in summer of 2009 w/28K miles- GTX Rims, Retrofit headlights, tinted tails, 20% tint all around, KYB Excel-G's, WBS Lowering Springs, 33mm Dorman front sway bar, 22mm Addco rear sway bar, BMR trailing arms, BMR STBs front and rear, ZZP control arms, Poly motor mounts, ZZP CAI, Thrasher shift kit

Chats

Here are some pictures from when it was at my shop

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    Team JB-Weld

Chats

Damn dude! Nice find. Wish it was mine... HA

Chats

Hehehe,simply amazing and totally awesome!!!

You really made a lier of me, I've said numerous times there are NO Unicorns with the Grand Prix's...

well there is ONE at least!

: )

Good luck with her, she's a beaut!!!
    Overkill BBC Cam, YT 1.8 RR's, Rhodes Lifters, STGII Heads, GenV, Pacesetters, 3" Exh to Tips, TEP Trans. N*, ID 75# injectors/E85 coming soon

SE Level Member
    Chats

Nice, congrats! That's quite the find!

SE Level Member
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by dezebe1 View Post
    Here are some pictures from when it was at my shop

Thanks for the hook up Daniel and posting pics. It really is as described.

Chats

Wish i could have got it but glad to help with you getting it

Team JB-Weld