Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    GXP Level Member
    Chats

Default Re: Emissions testing in your state/province ?

Here in Harris county (where Houston is) we have an annual inspection that consists of a safety inspection (brakes, lights, E-brake hazards and turn signals, tires and they drive it around the shop) you have to have 1 mirror and OBD2 cars are plugged and checked for readiness, you can have up to 2 that are incomplete but no more than that. OBD1 cars are subject to a sniffer test and safety inspection anything older than 25 years is exempt from any smog tests.

We pay some of the lowest 9if not the lowest prices for fuel in the nation) but the tax is still like .29 a gallon or so. Depending on the age of the car you pay an annual Reg. fee. Mine was $76 for the year and that included the inspection. We aren't real big on taking Federal money so we just use what we have. I pay about 4K a year in property taxes for roads and school and that's about it. We also have some pretty decent roads compared to a lot of the places I travel to.

Jeff
    An engine is an engine no matter the size.... I think Dr. Seuss said that... or maybe it was Big Weld....

GT Level Member cheatah faheatah's Avatar
    Chats

^^^^^^ Interesting, Right now our gas is around $2.25 self serve 87 octane. Add a quarter for 91 and another for 93-94. With all the salt and freeze/thaw cycles, our roads & bridges take a beating ! Oh, and being part of "The Northeast Corridor " doesn't help either.... [R.I. the Armpit of New England]. You can almost think of the rest of our state as a wider than usual breakdown lane / median for I-95...lol.
    not what it looks like

GXP Level Member
    Chats

It's $1.89-2.09 for regular and $2.30-$2.40 for premium here and I paid like $1.55 for E85 the other day. We don't have the freeze and thaw cycles but we do have shifting earth which causes cracks and other issues similar to what you would see with roads up north but it seems they are always working on a few major freeways. I-10 west of Houston is the widest road in at least the nation. I'm just glad our traffic isn't as bad as LA area.
    An engine is an engine no matter the size.... I think Dr. Seuss said that... or maybe it was Big Weld....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234