Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chats

Default Finally got my L67 Fiero running

Started this project on September 1st. A month and a half later it started up. I was planning for under a month but I was sick for a week and my wiring dude went off the grid for a week.

Still a lot to do but it's not that bad.

Motor is a 98 l67 with about 100k on it. Brand new, never installed L32 heads that have been ported. Xp cam and SD headers. N* TB (one of the pre-00 ones), ported SC and LIM.

https://youtu.be/ZRaF7BDIAko

https://youtu.be/m2yheppe9RY

03 GS - BTTK Intercooler, 3.0 PRJ, 42 lb, SSAC, AEM wb, PT,SR rockers, Gen V, N* TB, dynotech trans w/ 3.29's.

87 Fiero GT. L67 Swap. XP, ported heads/sc. N* TB. Working on finding 1st gear.

Chats

Default Re: Finally got my L67 Fiero running

not bad, I've been following the progress on Facebook, but I'd rather comment on here. how are you going to set up the exhaust?

Chats

Well see where it dumps out to the right in one of the vids? I'm going to make a 180* bend and then go up to a muffler and then out the back.

Something like this

03 GS - BTTK Intercooler, 3.0 PRJ, 42 lb, SSAC, AEM wb, PT,SR rockers, Gen V, N* TB, dynotech trans w/ 3.29's.

Turbo is the way to go. Fivefingerdeathpunch's Avatar
    Chats

Sounds like our tractor.

SMGPFC Member #1

Chats

Crappy poverty phone (Galaxy S3) lol and in the garage make for very crappy sounding videos.

Chats

I'm really happy to see this come together. Nice work man!!
    2003 Buick Regal GSX lots of mods - click here to see latest build - http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...ld-for-the-gsx

*For Reference - Does not have a Zack Howard Cam - It's an Intense Stage 3 - Thank You*

Chats

Mmmm..... Boosted V6 RWD goodness. It's looking pretty damn good so far, keep it up!
    Might as well go big, you're going home at the end of the day regardless.
    04 GP GT2:
    It drives around, what more do you need to know?

Chats

If you're board you can browse through all 80 or so pictures of the progress. Basically from when I got the car, fixed a few things and then started the swap.

http://s283.photobucket.com/user/buc...?sort=3&page=1

Chats

I'm seriously debating a fiero swap like I debated going turbo.
    Wonder what would happen if I *did* find a minty fresh fiero....

a few questions

how / where do I run my FMHE
    any updates with the brakes / suspension ? Have they made any kits or is any newer GM car parts backwards compatible?
    motor mounts
    wiring

think that's it. That's what mostly runs through my head when I consider this project
    2003 Buick Regal GSX lots of mods - click here to see latest build - http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...ld-for-the-gsx

*For Reference - Does not have a Zack Howard Cam - It's an Intense Stage 3 - Thank You*

Chats

Heh.. Lots of questions. I have like no answers.

I would seriously go to Pennocks fiero forum http://www.fiero.nl and start searching. That site has been around for ages and has questions to just about everything you can imagine.

People put the FMHE up front and just run long lines under the car. Maybe to an ice box in the back?

There are upgrades on brakes. I guess Lebaron front brakes? But you have to get a different hub and have the rotor ground down? Haven't gotten that far in life yet. They do make coil overs.

westcoastfiero.com has a decent amount of parts.

Wiring? I did it myself with the help of a friend. There are a few people on the forums and facebook that can do a complete harness anywhere from $350 to $500.

The mounts and brackets to get the 3800/trans on the fiero cradle are roughly $450.

Go to the forum, go to construction zone and start looking at the build threads. Lots of information in there.

Chats

Oh wow. Why did I have to go look... I can't take on another project - keep telling myself that

Chats

Made it out of the garage on it's own. Still a bunch of stuff to get it road worthy though (fuel pump relay ground is just hanging there twisted lol). brakes are mush and I need to mount the coil packs somehow. I think i have a vac leak somewhere I need to start looking at.

Chats

Nice! That engine bay is not "fat-fingers" friendly. LOL
    Chris B
    2002 GT

Chats

no, it sure isn't.

btw.. I'm 300 lbs and don't have "small fingers" .

Chats

Then you have lots of patience. I used to have it too. LOL
    Chris B
    2002 GT

Chats

i got sausage fingers too, it can be a help most of the time.

congrats on it moving on its own power. exhaust needs to be tamed a bit for my own taste lol

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 3.0, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned by me. http://www.grandprixforums.net/showthread.php?t=47574

Chats

My patience almost ran out yesterday. I'm still undecided yet. I think the LIM is leaking under the Tb area (where the lifter valley is). already ripped it apart twice, spent a boatload on a new set of gaskets, oil, etc. I dunno though. I gave up last night and started drinking. I need a break from it. Been wrenching on it for almost a month and a half straight.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Scottydoggs View Post
    i got sausage fingers too, it can be a help most of the time.

congrats on it moving on its own power. exhaust needs to be tamed a bit for my own taste lol
    ha yeah I hear that. It's leaking on every weld so I know that doesn't help. It also isn't routed out the back and it's bouncing off the ground and that makes it hella loud. I ran out of bends to route it out the back.

My buddy has a free Fbody muffler I was going to try but it's 2.75" inlet/outlet diameter and I'm on a 3" exhaust so I'd have to get some adapters and crap. Not sure what I want to do at this point.

Chats

Welp, it's still sitting on the side of the house. Shift solenoids aren't working correctly. It will only see 2nd an 3rd gear when I put it in 2nd manually. When I put it in 3rd it will stay in 3rd and there's no OD ever.

I'm pretty sure the 1-2 shift solenoid is gone. Not sure how . it ran fine when it was in the Regal. Screw it. I'll wait until spring. At least it sounds mean at idle lol.

Chats

Still messing with the trans. Changed all the solenoids and it has first gear ONLY if I pop off the shift linkage and manually move it in 1st . If I put it in Drive it starts off in 3rd. Move it to D3. same. Move it to D2 and it starts off in 2nd. The fiero shifter won't go to first because the stock trans only is a 3 speed.

Well here's a video if it idling with a janky autozone muffler .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBTwL3VvroU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast