Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: Presidential debate between Trump and Clinton

Hillary will kill the economy faster than Trump will say tax cut. the entitlement that the liberals want will increase government spending and put us further down the road to an unavoidable economic depression. If nothing is done about the national debt by 2050 there will be a point of no return. Hillary want's to continue Obama's anti coal agenda, which will raise the cost of living dramatically. I'm all about making good environmental choices, but we need coal, and we need it to burn clean, not to use other sources of energy that cost more than double of coal.

Also, Hillary wants to take our guns away, and she mentioned gun control on numerous occasions last night.

http://crfb.org/stabilizethedebt/#

Chats

I believe she said get the guns out of the hands of the wrong people.

What I don't understand (about the guns) is what did everyone do in the 70's, 80's, and 90's? There wasn't a CCW, no one had a basement full of guns (or maybe they did but since social media wasn't around no one knew of it). Everyone these days are crying about taking away their guns. People in the previous decades didn't need guns. It just seems the guns thing has become very popular in the past 10 years but why? Why all the outcry for needing of guns? Serious question.
    03 GS - BTTK Intercooler, 3.0 PRJ, 42 lb, SSAC, AEM wb, PT,SR rockers, Gen V, N* TB, dynotech trans w/ 3.29's.

87 Fiero GT. L67 Swap. XP, ported heads/sc. N* TB, 3.2 pulley. 12.6 @108 w/ 1.8 60'

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by buck531 View Post
    I believe she said get the guns out of the hands of the wrong people.

What I don't understand (about the guns) is what did everyone do in the 70's, 80's, and 90's? There wasn't a CCW, no one had a basement full of guns (or maybe they did but since social media wasn't around no one knew of it). Everyone these days are crying about taking away their guns. People in the previous decades didn't need guns. It just seems the guns thing has become very popular in the past 10 years but why? Why all the outcry for needing of guns? Serious question.
    she might not have said it last night, but she has said it before. Hillary is anti gun. We know that if you give politicians an inch they will take a mile and Hillary is no exception. If we could actually trust what she said then it wouldn't be a big deal. I am all for keeping the guns out of the hands of criminals, and if current laws were actually enforced than we wouldn't need new gun bans.

Chats

guns have been in the spot light for years on end. in the end she wants to dis arm us 100%

she brought up assault rifles. a ak is nothing more then a dressed up deer rifle.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 2.8, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned and AEM water/Meth injection https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

Chats

an ak-47 is about as good a deer as an ar-15. you can kill a deer with both, but not past 300 yards. I didn't really answer Shawns question, but I like Trumps suggestion that if Hillary wants gun control, then she needs to disarm her body guards. disarming body guards and more gun control are both as unrealistic as the other.

My main point about gun control is that criminals dont care what the law is, so why penalize law abiding citizens with stringent restrictions.

Chats

This goes back to my original question. Why do you need a gun now? What did others do the past 50 years? Just wondering why everyone who thinks they need a gun needs a gun. I guess I don't see the huge deal about it.
    03 GS - BTTK Intercooler, 3.0 PRJ, 42 lb, SSAC, AEM wb, PT,SR rockers, Gen V, N* TB, dynotech trans w/ 3.29's.

87 Fiero GT. L67 Swap. XP, ported heads/sc. N* TB, 3.2 pulley. 12.6 @108 w/ 1.8 60'

Turbo is the way to go. Fivefingerdeathpunch's Avatar
    Chats

We are doomed.

SMGPFC Member #1

Chats

This goes back to my original question. Why do you need a gun now? What did others do the past 50 years? Just wondering why everyone who thinks they need a gun needs a gun. I guess I don't see the huge deal about it.
    The thought process behind a well armed public, is to dissuade the government from becoming tyrannical. Its a lot less likely for people to rebel if they cant arm themselves. If the colonist hadn't had weapons in the revolutionary war we would have been lost.

yes, I know the likelihood of defeating the army is nil, but how long is the army going to wage war against Americans in that scenario?
    04 Monte carlo LSS (l67 swap ) SOLD, 1997 GTP coupe SOLD, 2002 GTP "Berta" the $400 beater SOLD
    2015 jetta 1.8t the grocery getter, 2012 Volvo S60 T6 300hp of Swedish safety.

Chats

this thread is proof that both candidates suck and no average citizen in the country knows anything about how a country is run.

here's to "throwing away" my vote.

Perma-Banned! JK LOL Explicit_Spade's Avatar
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Bio248 View Post
    this thread is proof that both candidates suck and no average citizen in the country knows anything about how a country is run.

here's to "throwing away" my vote.
    Since you're throwing it away, can I have it?

Explicit_Spade for President!

#MakePontiacsGreatAgain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by W-Body Store
    Remember, GM engineers didn't take into account your need for speed.
    Daily Driver: 06 Grand Prix GT / 9.4:1 CR / IS3 Heads / Ported Gen V / ZZP Headers / HPT Pro / Pulleys: 4.25, 3.8, 3.5, 3.4, 3.2, 3.0, 2.9, 2.7
    Projects: 86 Monte Carlo SS / 98 Sonoma / 74 Honda CB750

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit_Spade View Post
    Since you're throwing it away, can I have it?

Explicit_Spade for President!

#MakePontiacsGreatAgain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Finally a platform I can stand behind!
    Will you support small blocks or big blocks ?
    04 Monte carlo LSS (l67 swap ) SOLD, 1997 GTP coupe SOLD, 2002 GTP "Berta" the $400 beater SOLD
    2015 jetta 1.8t the grocery getter, 2012 Volvo S60 T6 300hp of Swedish safety.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Scottydoggs View Post
    CNN is god damn joke.
    CNN=Chicken Noodle News
    Just a bunch of junk thrown together http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...shes-a-runner)

Perma-Banned! JK LOL Explicit_Spade's Avatar
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post
    Finally a platform I can stand behind!
    Will you support small blocks or big blocks ?
    I see benefits to both big and small blocks. The small blocks promote higher fuel economy, helping our eco system and fighting global warming while Big blocks promote increased morale and the power that we need to make Pontiac great again! ALL BLOCKS MATTER!

I will implement a tax for those companies that want to move out of the United States. If you're going to leave the country for cheap labor, you're going to pay for it. This will promote job creation and higher quality American made products.
    Last edited by Explicit_Spade; 09-27-2016 at 01:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by W-Body Store
    Remember, GM engineers didn't take into account your need for speed.
    Daily Driver: 06 Grand Prix GT / 9.4:1 CR / IS3 Heads / Ported Gen V / ZZP Headers / HPT Pro / Pulleys: 4.25, 3.8, 3.5, 3.4, 3.2, 3.0, 2.9, 2.7
    Projects: 86 Monte Carlo SS / 98 Sonoma / 74 Honda CB750

Chats

A third party vote is (likely) not a wasted vote because of the way votes are counted; The electoral college.

CliffsNotes:

I live in Arizona, a red state. No matter what I vote, Trump will win my state. I would prefer to see Trump win over Hillary. So, when I vote for Johnson, the outcome will remain the same and my conscious will be clear. However, my vote will serve as a symbol that I want something different, and no matter who wins I will be able to complain about my choice not getting in. Ha!

I suggest anyone in a state with a red or blue stronghold who is unsatisfied with either candidate consider a third party vote. It won't be wasted.

Chats

I don't like any of my options 100%, including Gary. Though when it comes down to marking a circle on the ballot, its going to be Trump.

The fact is this: The president does not have supreme power, he can't throw us into war for more than 60 days without congress, he can't make laws, he cant dictate. The whole point behind this system is to have checks and balances; however, that leads me to why trump? Well first, why not Hillary. While the President doesn't have supreme power, they hold a lot of power, secrets and decisions. Hillary has shown the nation she isn't fit. Emails, Benghazi, and The Clinton Foundation. 3 huge reasons that show why she isn't fit. Corruption, stupidity, treating confidential information that could get many operatives killed like its a funny cat meme. Trump is a loud mouth, yes. He is not a racist, there is no proof behind that. I like his ideas for making America safe, and dealing with illegals (They are illegal, they don't have rights beyond those of basic human rights, get them the fu*k out).

Do your research, don't vote because shes a woman or hes trump. vote for the candidate that fits what you want for America.
    2008 G8 GT - IOM - LSA Blower, Intercooled, Ported Heads, Cam, Flex Fuel Conversion, Tuned - 550whp - 11.5 @ 124 -
    2000 Regal - Winter Beater

Chats

My biggest concern is supreme court picks. Next president will likely get two. That could really change the landscape.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by wowitsfast View Post
    CNN=Chicken Noodle News
    About right....whatever happened to guys like Cronkite, Wallace, etc? MSNBC on the left, Fox on the right, and nobody just telling it like it is without a slant or agenda.

Don't let the media suck you into the gun debate. It's not about guns per se, it's about how do we stop this endless string of mass shootings?
    2002 GTP Coupe, PSE supercharger ported with 3.4 pulley, Wizaired CAI, ZZP tune, AL 104's, front Plog, 3" DP, u-bend gone, hi-flo cat, W-Body tubular trailing and lateral arms, GMPP sway bars, Vogtland springs, 245/45-18 Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3 on 18x8 wheels, 42mm offset, Dual Aeroforce interceptor gauges on A-pillar pod

Chats

Guns aren't the problem. I can sit in a room full of guns and no one will get shot. I went to a gun and cash bash a few months back and there were 100 guns and several hundred people in the same room, and no one was shot or died.

The short of it is people are the problem. The media needs to stop "glorifying" these mass shootings by plastering the shooters name all over the place. When all is said and done the shooter is remembered more than the victims.
    2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS - Stock DD mode
    1994 Dodge Stealth - Currently being revived. Modded

Chats

Mass shootings mostly happen at soft targets meaning gun free zones.. malls theaters schools ect where open or concealed carry is prohibited. Let lawful citizens carry and nuts will think twice about there nut ideas when there is a higher possibility of being met with lethal force. Hell not even soldiers can carry on base as far as I know and thats why shootings happen there aswell
    Just a bunch of junk thrown together http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...shes-a-runner)

GXP Level Member
    Chats

It's not why do you need a gun now, we have had guns all of our lives. I grew up around guns and during hunting season a large portion of the male population at my school had a rifle in their car or truck and would head out after school on Friday to their respective deer leases to meet up with dad's and uncles and others. We never had issues. I have carried a pistol since I was 21 years old and that's more than half of my life. I grew up in the country and hunted as a kid. I got my first rifle (Marlin Model 60) when I was 10. We were taught how to use them safety and all that and by the time I was 12 we hunted squirrel and rabbit by ourselves. There are people that are getting into guns just because they think that they may be banned. Hell I still have trouble getting enough .22 ammo to shoot at our matches we have once a month. There has been a flood of new guns on the market especially .22's in the last 10 years and every time Obama has said anything about guns everybody loses their minds and goes out and buys them. I needed some parts for one of my AR's and had to wait about 6 months to get them because of the scare. Guns have always been around you just haven't been aware of it. I have been shooting competition for about 17 years, and shoot silhouette, IDPA and bullseye and trap and skeet. I have about 5 firearms strictly setup for various target events and I collect them as well.

This is a question like why do you need a supercharger? It's one of my hobbies, that's the answer.

Jeff
    An engine is an engine no matter the size.... I think Dr. Seuss said that... or maybe it was Big Weld....

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast