Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Luke's GTP

Chats

Default Re: Luke's GTP

No fumes is good. I'll take a look at those openings you speak of 01Black.

Got some more goodies. Enough buying for now. Time to install this stuff. Except for the carpet that will be going in later. Brake lines are really most important right now. With the brake lines in, I will be able to drive the car to the welding guy for the rear strut towers.

Brake lines from Classic Tube. Got some shipping bends in them. They look good. Fittings look pro! Blurry pic for ya:

Close up:

'07 Impala brakes I bought from a member on here (Impala131). These things are heavy as hell! They arrived in a USPS "It-Fits, It-Ships" box that damn near didn't make it. Brakes look go tho, I like them. They look like quite the upgrade from the stockers:

The carpet looks different, and better now that it's been sitting around. Looks like it took shape pretty well and dried out a little. Had an oily feeling to it when it first arrived.
    Scotty, gonna use that baking soda idea and re-use the old foam after all. Messing around with layers and layers of jute sounds awful. I'm thinking I will take all those foam scraps, place them in a large garbage bag with baking soda and shake 'n bake. Leave it like that for a little, Then clean out the soda:
    2000 GTP 4DR - Stock
    243,000 miles
    CHICAGO, IL
    My Car: http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...740-Luke-s-GTP

Chats

that does look better now. relaxed you could say even lol

shake and bake foam bits, sounds good to me lol

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 3.0, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned by me. https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

Chats

Shake 'n Bake, Rick Bobby. shake 'n bake!
    2000 GTP 4DR - Stock
    243,000 miles
    CHICAGO, IL

Chats

i was leaning towards actual shake n bake lol

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 3.0, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned by me. https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

Chats

3 things-

Wow on the carpet. It did flatten out fairly nice.

Broken charcoal briquets also absorb odors. If you have some, maybe season the shake n bake mix with em.

You are cracking me up because a friend of mine swears that for each new kid, he did the deed then held wife up by the ankles and shook. "Shake and Bake" fertility hack.

GT Level Member cheatah faheatah's Avatar
    Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Scottydoggs View Post

shake and bake foam bits, sounds good to me lol
    Sounds like a school lunch they served once a week.
    not what it looks like

Chats

You guys had me cracking up. Scotty, when I think of that phrase, I think of the cooking mix, but when I say the words, they come out with a hillbilly southern twang, LOL. Idrivejunk, spice up the bake mix you say, huh? Lol. I don't know what to think of your friends method?! Haha. Shake her more by the left ankle its a boy, right ankle its a girl?
    Cheetah, you ain't lying about those lunches... my 6yr old son demanded a home lunch from now on because the "school food is nasty dada". They're keeping with tradition!
    Last edited by CHI2000GTP; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:18 AM.
    2000 GTP 4DR - Stock
    243,000 miles
    CHICAGO, IL

Chats

I set out to install the brake lines this weekend, but didn't get that far. It's been about 7 weeks since I last worked on it. Remember, the car is parked about 15 miles away, outside. With warmer weather coming I'm hoping to do some wrenching 3-4 days of the week. Spent time cleaning stuff up, and organizing my tools. Returned like 8 jugs of used oil to AutoZone...
    Started to do some preliminary measurments and observations of the brake lines are realized that I didn't cap any of the ends. There's a good chance that debris will get into the tube, so I had to stop and tape the ends shut. Other than that, got her off the ground. Sprayed any bolt I might need to remove with Liquid Wrench. All prepped and ready to go.

BEHOLD!!! A car, in the air!

2000 GTP 4DR - Stock
    243,000 miles
    CHICAGO, IL

Chats

lets play knock the car down

Chats

got them 2 bottom blocks turned the weak way too. they crush like that.

Chats

The thought of some punk ass kids knocking it over crossed my mind. Should be OK.

I'll have to flip that block over. Didnt know that...I'll probably be out there tmrw night.

SE Level Member
    Chats

Chicago is called the Windy City!
    Don't wait too long!

Chats

Despite the rain, found some dry time to wrench a few things. Went after the rear brake line that runs across first. Dropped the rear suspension cross-member so I could get to the old brake line and the plactic clips that hold the line in place. Took off lateral control arms. Mannn were those rusted to s**t! Wasn't planing on buying new ones quite yet but I don't think I can reinstall them either. Sucks. More expenses.

I got stuck trying to disconnect the old brake line from the bracket that holds the union of brake line and flex-hose together. Pictures below. The bracket was just bending under some torque, but the nut wouldn't budge. Also disconnected tie rod ends from knuckles and secured steering wheel for rack & pinion removal.

You can the see the rear brake line along the left side there. Black clip holding it down:

Lateral Arms. Nasty stuff. 17yr old stockers. Also rear sway brackets and bushings:

Brake line union and bracket that's totally seized.. All four corners are like this. I was thinking of cutting each line nice and short, removing the entire bracket with union, and soak it in penetrating oil. Then put it in a vice:

Nut has teeth marks from vice grip... Does this clip need to be removed?
    2000 GTP 4DR - Stock
    243,000 miles
    CHICAGO, IL

Chats

If I remember correctly the clip is what holds the flex line in

I can't car too good. SaukRapids's Avatar
    Chats

Here's a new Delco one.

The old clips hold the flex to the bracket the same. The folded part just went around the fitting, still not touching the threads.

I had the same problem with my rear brakes. I soaked those suckers overnight in PB Blaster drenched rags, bent the brackets just like you did. Said eff it, grabbed the bracket, spun that instead and held the nut. No way were they coming off. In my '05, there's another union for the rear hard lines between the front and back doors, driver's side. That's where I might end up cutting mine for a six point socket and flare nut wrench, replace from there back.
    "I am serious, and quit calling me Shirley."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456