Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Chats

Default Re: Project LQ4 - V8 S10 - Working the bugs out

Ordered up a cheap $30 Ebay fuel pump assembly the other day. My plan was to fit an old AEM 50-1200 pump into the new module.

Not sure it's going to work though. Pretty sure I need a 0Ω-90Ω sender, and this one is 40Ω-250Ω. Still researching that...

Interesting side note though... It's a venturi bucket

And the bottom portion of the S10 module looks identical to the old Grand Prix module. Or close enough that I can't see any differences.

What's my point? Let's say you got yourself a nice venturi pump but only have a standard bucket.* Get a $30 S10 Ebay module, swap the top and be good to go. (I assume. Certainly worth trying)

*That's what happened to me. Ordered a Racetronix venturi pump for my GP, only to find out the original venturi bucket had been replaced with a plain non-venturi module. I cobbled something together, but this would have been a much easier fix.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonHall10 View Post
    Not sure it's going to work though. Pretty sure I need a 0Ω-90Ω sender, and this one is 40Ω-250Ω. Still researching that...
    Think I found my answer. This is from my Ebay shop/service manual instrument panel cluster supplement.

I contacted the seller. We'll see what the response is. I'm hoping they can just send a 0-90 sender. I really don't want to return the whole module.

SE Level Member
    Chats

Pretty sure that S10 stuff you linked last week suggested that test as well.

Chats

Got the dual piston fronts on this afternoon. Pretty straight forward. Ran out of brake clean and brake fluid so it's living on jack stands for the night. Should wrap up tomorrow.

Ordered my Caltracs this morning. Looking forward to getting rid of this wheel hop.

Chats

Truck is back together, and I think the brakes are bled. Didn't see any air coming out of the line anyway. Not really happy with the pedal travel though. They lightly grab where they did before (in relation to pedal travel), but it goes way lower to get a wheel locking bite. Not all the way to the floor, but close. If I stand on it, the wheels will still completely lock and put your face in the dash. Right before the ABS module kicks on. I'm wondering if I got some air in that module. Going to take it out on a gravel road and give the ABS a good workout and re-bleed. Maybe if there is any air in there, it will get pushed out. Not much else I can do, and maybe that much pedal travel is normal?

Got my generic action camera today.

Hopefully I can get it figured out fairly quickly. I want to get some underbody videos of the axle wrap before the Caltracs go on then some afterward to compare. Then burnouts!

Chats

I wonder if there's a hack way to activate that ABS pump. It's not controlled by or connected to the PCM.

Chats

tech 2 or a snap on scanner should be able to talk to it, at least give you some codes to follow up on. the bcm stores every last abs code it ever had unless its been cleared. un hooking the battery wont clear the abs codes. so theres likely info there to be found.

mushy pedal id start with bleeding the master's lines to the abs pump, to bleed the master, two man job, pump the pedal like you would to bleed a caliper, but your gonna crack the line off the master, repeat till you hear no air coming out. then if the abs pump has bleeders, bleed that then all 4 calipers.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 2.8, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned and AEM water/Meth injection https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

Chats

This truck is one of the last with ties to a forgone era. No body control module, and the ABS module is completely independent and isolated from the PCM. No brake related codes. Just an "ABS" and "BRAKE" idiot light in the dash.

I don't know how any scan tool connected to the OBDII port could communicate with the ABS module. Unless there's a data line from the OBDII port directly to the ABS module... Either way, I don't have access to one of those.

I'm going to try bleeding the lines like you said one more time. Then try the gravel road trick with a follow up bleed.

At least the brakes are mostly functional. I mean, I can still drive it. Just need to get it dialed in.

Chats

gm and their wisdom again i see lol

im thinking your gonna hear some spitting out the masters lines. or the master is going bad maybe. i always wrap a rag around the line nut and wrench to keep the fluid from spraying all over the place too.

98 Buick Regal GS, F body brakes, Caddy STS wheels, tinted tails L36 bottom end, lightly ported heads, 1.95 roller rockers, headers, 2.8, FSIC, 42 lb injectors, a BrandonHall rebuilt trans, DHP tuned and AEM water/Meth injection https://goo.gl/gpV5kW

SE Level Member
    Chats

Is there a bleed port or two on the abs mess?

Chats

Not that I can see. It's a 4wal module. I guess there's some special km tool to depress the valves while running the pump.

Chats

Gonna call the brakes good for now. Time to have some fun...

I think I need a better/faster microSD to get better quality. Probably should have used the standard clip holder instead of the case for better sound also. Still figuring all this out.

Chats

Default Re: Project LQ4 - V8 S10 - 100% Road legal!!

Haaa! You mean ol S10 driver! Thats some chunky ass pavement there but woohoo she kicks it right on out, don't she? My first dash cam sounded like that, totally overpowered by glasspack drone. Seems like the little truck will toss you back in the seat pretty good just like it is.

Chats

Watch out for them donut lovers!

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
    Haaa! You mean ol S10 driver! Thats some chunky ass pavement there but woohoo she kicks it right on out, don't she? My first dash cam sounded like that, totally overpowered by glasspack drone. Seems like the little truck will toss you back in the seat pretty good just like it is.
    Yeah. Pavement isn't great, but it worked good for me. I need a little dirt on there to get the wheels spinning, otherwise it's just wheel hop city. I'll give it another go with just the clip holding the camera. Gonna order another SD card tonight too. This thing is a rocket off the line. I have yet to go WOT from a stop. Maybe 75% at the most. Again... Wheel hop.

Quote Originally Posted by idrivejunk View Post
    Watch out for them donut lovers!
    I'm hoping they have better things to do. Maybe.

Turbo is the way to go. Fivefingerdeathpunch's Avatar
    Chats

Lower alot of the PE delays if you haven't and reduce TM and it should do some decent rolling burnouts.

SMGPFC Member #1

Chats

playing in the desert, awesome!

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Fivefingerdeathpunch View Post
    Lower alot of the PE delays if you haven't and reduce TM and it should do some decent rolling burnouts.
    I did all the things Matt talks about in his "How to use HPT 101" video. Lower PE throttle %, Change the PE EQ, killed the delay and unified the tables. Haven't changed the torque management settings yet. Pretty sure I don't need to worry about hurting anything in this setup.

Quote Originally Posted by ItHurtz View Post
    playing in the desert, awesome!
    Could almost pass for "Somewhere in Mexico" eh?

Turbo is the way to go. Fivefingerdeathpunch's Avatar
    Chats

Some of his suggestions are good, some maybe not so much.

I for sure would not make the high and low spark tables the same, there would be nothing for the computer to go back on if the truck did show knock. It wouldn't be able to choose timing from the low octane table as a fail safe.

SMGPFC Member #1

Chats

I still need to get the knock sensors working. (along with the fuel gauge, final brake bleed, wideband, AC.....) Kept getting P0327 & P0332 even after verifying continuity from the harness plug all the way back to the PCM, and seeing the appropriate AC voltage on the DMM when hammering on the engine block. So I just shut that code off. I suspect faulty sensors, but I don't feel like dropping another $80 to $100 just yet. I want to see if I can find a good used one to confirm.

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast