Pontiac Grand Prix Forums : Grandprix

Grand Prix Forums is the premier Pontiac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Pontiac Grand Prix Forum - Welcome Register today! Contact us!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chats

Default Who is upkeeping this site?

Who controls this site now? The vendor section mod has been MIA for a long while.

Is this site going the way of ClubGP? Is control of the site up for grabs? Need to turn it over to someone else before it dies off completely.
    Silver R32 Skyline GTS-T
    Satin Purple 97 GTP
    Blue 01 IS4 + M112 hybrid GTP
    Satin Black 98 Turbo GTP
    ZZP recommended installer - Kratos Concepts

Chats

Default Re: Who is upkeeping this site?

chemo is in progress its dying slowly here

doesnt help when people are banned left and right and threads get locked as soon as someone gets a case of the hurt feels

i recommend thechicagogarage.com

lol
    How I treat my car: wreck,fix, repeat.

Chats

Well then someone needs to take over to breath at least a little bit of life left into it.

Im not saying I am the one for the job but even my limited participation in the 3800 community these days would be better then it is now.
    Silver R32 Skyline GTS-T
    Satin Purple 97 GTP
    Blue 01 IS4 + M112 hybrid GTP
    Satin Black 98 Turbo GTP
    ZZP recommended installer - Kratos Concepts

Chats

someone is still controlling the financial side of it (not us), but none of us have access to the actual forum files to make updates to the software or anything on that level.

Chats

Doesn't someone have a vested interest in keeping the site going?

There's still money to be made here, right?

Chats

this site makes zero dollars and actually loses money on a month to month basis because there's no revenue versus the expenses to keep it running.

we've talked in the mod section about putting up our own money to get back in the drivers seat, but thus far we haven't really taken any steps towards making that happen yet. a lot of us kind of don't care, which seems to be a good source of the problem.

Chats

Is advertising an option? That would address the financial side of things. Looking at ads sucks, but it would be better than having the site just fade away.

About the mods not caring... I guess there's not much that can be done about that.

Chats

I offered a few alternatives one of which was making a new GPF under a new host/domain.
    2008 G8 GT - IOM - LSA Blower, Intercooled, Ported Heads, Cam, Flex Fuel Conversion, Tuned - 550whp - 11.5 @ 124 -
    2000 Regal - Winter Beater

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by ADecker View Post
    I offered a few alternatives one of which was making a new GPF under a new host/domain.
    Would anything from grandprixforums.net transfer over (posts and/or member stuff) or would it be a clean slate?

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by Bio248 View Post
    this site makes zero dollars and actually loses money on a month to month basis because there's no revenue versus the expenses to keep it running.

we've talked in the mod section about putting up our own money to get back in the drivers seat, but thus far we haven't really taken any steps towards making that happen yet. a lot of us kind of don't care, which seems to be a good source of the problem.
    nailed it dont care the why continue to mod?

hmmm lol i appreciate the honesty lol

Chats

someone is still controlling the financial side of it (not us), but none of us have access to the actual forum files to make updates to the software or anything on that level.
    who is then someone needs to take over ALL control the amount of traffic this site gets has diminished a whole hell of a lot just in the last year.

a banning people left amd right

b locking threads left and right

c mods not caring

d changing user names and thread titles at random is pretty pointless nonsense too. its ok as a joke but its seriously gone over board here and new people looking around or trolling the site have to think a bunch of 3 years olds run this place...

yup that about sums it up.

Chats

As a long time lurker before even joining, I would say that the above posts offer a lot of validity. When a few of the long time mods dropped out of site, no pun, the forum took a turn southward. I agree too that the name changes and such were amusing at first, it then got out of hand. Then the locking of theads almost instantaneously to prevent butt-hurt? Banter and animated discussion is always the champion of progress. Those who can't handle it shouldn't be posting on an anonymous Internet forum. I mean you take this seriously? Lol... Monitor, check, correct, but lockdown is tough and discourages exchange of ideas and opinions.

That said, it would not bode well to loose this forum and the information contained within. There are cheap hosting servers that can handle the traffic and such for dirt cheap now. But it would still cost hundreds per year. Again, losing the site will pretty much be akin to losing the local library where you used to go to obtain information, you all remember those places right ; )

Keep the 3800 alive!
    : )

Chats

what is library? i haz internet. sadly some people still havnt figured out how to use search thus the 30 billion threads on the same thing lol

Chats

i understand all the points being made. the moderator crew is a little aggressive and the blame really lies on just a couple of them as well as the higher ups (me) for not making it a point to tell them to chill the **** out.

i always liked when the forum just runs and people can post what they want (within a certain extent/context). personal insults and complete thread derailment into completely unrelated topics (i know that threads can change topic as they progress, that's fine) are really all that should be being monitored/edited/deleted/locked. the rest should just happen.

the only section that should really be closely monitored is the sale sections, but that's only because we want to do what we can (not much) to make sure peopled don't get ****ed, but that's also the buyer/seller's responsibility to watch their own back.

overall the lack of the OG leadership force is what is leading everyone to feel the way they do now, or that's what i believe. we could very well refresh our ranks, but i can't see a lot of options for people that i'd like to represent us and give them the power to edit things. i like you, tyler, but there's no way in hell i'd make you a mod.

i don't know, my thoughts.

but as far as the ownership/running of the site goes we're still attached to the servers that run devil's own since that's what the original creator of the forum's business is so it's all tied together. so long as devil's own doesn't go down this will still be here. the current time frame we have right now before it needs to be renewed is sometime next year (2017). if we reached out through whomever is running devil's own i think we'd have a good case to take over in the absence of our fallen owner, but no one has done it yet. it would be much easier to keep this site running and get everything back in the correct lane, so to speak, but it may come down to recreating it entirely if it all comes crashing down. if that's the case i can only assume we'd lose a lot of our current member base.

so there's the update from where i'm sitting.

Chats

Nothing bothers me here more then locking a thread and mods keep adding thier own .02 cents (getting the last word)
    just my pet peeve

the other 99% of the site is perfectly fine by me. Carry on !
    2003 Buick Regal GSX lots of mods - click here to see latest build - http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...ld-for-the-gsx

*For Reference - Does not have a Zack Howard Cam - It's an Intense Stage 3 - Thank You*

Chats

lol its mutual....... though im shocked others are that never show up and dont do sh1t here either......

i dont give 2 sh1ts if people like me or dont. ill state my opinion and if people dont like it i dont care again its just an opinion.....

im not one to be for banning or even locking threads its what the whole damn country is becoming. its the slow pussification of everything. im an american if i feel like telling someone to get bent ill say so. they dont have to like it lol....

then again ive said many times im the type of person someone could say hey fvck face youre a dumbsh1t to me and 3 hours later id ask wanna go have lunch..... grudges are pointless and retarded.

ask the people on tcg. i think half the reason i havnt been banned is the twisting of panties is amusing and keeps traffic flow up. after all its the internet people.....

(id run this place with military pecision and apologize for nothing lol)
    Last edited by 16MustangVet; 02-22-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Chats

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyGuy03 View Post
    Nothing bothers me here more then locking a thread and mods keep adding thier own .02 cents (getting the last word)
    just my pet peeve

the other 99% of the site is perfectly fine by me. Carry on !
    gee you mean like cams post in the furches/douchflake thread in the kills section after scott already closed the thread?

lolololololol.

Chats

Omg it happens all - the - time !
    2003 Buick Regal GSX lots of mods - click here to see latest build - http://www.grandprixforums.net/threa...ld-for-the-gsx

*For Reference - Does not have a Zack Howard Cam - It's an Intense Stage 3 - Thank You*

Chats

to be fair mods CAN'T see if a thread is locked
    im a cookie again yay me
    please learn to forum better.
    ^^new favorite quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    It is a type of spiced shortcrust biscuit.
    only one person looked it up lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast