Hey all. Names Cooper and I am now the proud owner of a 2004 Grand Prix GTP. Traded my 2000 Ford Escort ZX2 for it. Always wanted one and now I have it. She needs some worth though. Some of the issues include;
- Bogging/stumbling and hesitation when rpms reach 2.5 - 3k, lights will go out and back on real quick, car hesitates and drops rpms then goes back to normal. Sometimes it almost cuts off. Injectors maybe?
- It allegedly has a HP Tuners tune, but am still elarning how the software works and will be hooking up the tuner unit to the car once I understand how it works and where to find the tune.
- #5 Spark plug wire makes noise and has some play vs 1 -3 and the rest not making any small noise or having any play.
- Rear seats need serious detailing due to window being off track and previous owner allowed rain to get in the car. (Fixed passenger side window already and is now on track, but needs rear weather stripping).
- Spark plug wires 1-3-5 and MSD and 2-4-6 are AC Delco (, yeah I know).
- Battery was the wrong size/amps (replaced w/a new one). Previous owner modified the top post mounts to be side mounts like the 03s down. 04s appear to be top mount per wal mart. Not sure if that is part of the issues.
- Car has both the oem alarm and a viper alarm set up, still trying to figure out what was going on there.
- Service Constant Effortless Steering message is on.
- Check engine light is on ( need to get a scanner to see whats up since the car isnt tagged yet).
- Kenwood CD player is stuck in standby & demo mode.
- Clicking noise from cd player after car is locked.
BUT on the bright side it has several mods.
- Tune (presumably) by HP Tuners using VCM suite 2.2 and MPVI device
- SLP Headers
- SLP Exhaust, seemingly all the way thru from mufflers to down pipe
- K & N Cold Air Intake Set up
- Mars Aftermarket Rims
- Cross Slotted Rotors
- Sirus Radio set up
- Fig Custom Coils
- Aftermarket Tail Lights
Here are some pics of the GTP
Anyone in the Carolina area want to hook up sometime, feel free to hit me up or post location. Thanks again for having me!