I have a 2004 Grand Prix GT2 and am looking to upgrade my night time driving experience not only for looks but for safety. I am trying to find out what my options are to making this happen.
First what size/style of bulbs do I buy for each of the low beam, high beam, and fog lights? I think that it is as follows:
Low Beam = 9006
High Beam = 9005
Fog Light = 898
Do I Use a conversion kit and upgrade to HID such as one of the ones below, what watt size (35 watt or 55 watt), and what color do I use (4300, 5000, 6000, 8000)?
I WOULD LIKE A TRUE WHITE (NOT YELLOW, NOT BLUE) - LIKE A LED WHITE
1) KENSUN HID KID 9006 - Amazon.com: Kensun HID Xenon Conversion Kit "All Bulb Sizes and Colors" with Premium Ballasts - 9006 (HB4) - 5000k: Automotive
2) Morimoto Elite HID System 9006 - [url=http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3957[/url]
OR DO I JUST REPLACE THE BULBS ONLY WITH NEW HALOGEN BULBS LIKE ONE OF THE ONES BELOW (OR WILL I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MELTING WIRES/PLASTIC DUE TO BULBS BURNING SO HOT? ESPECIALLY THE 100 WATT ONES):
1) Hipro Power 9006 - Amazon.com: Hipro Power 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Xenon HID Headlight Bulb - Low & High Beam: Everything Else
2) GE NIGHTHAWK Platinum 9006 - Amazon.com: GE 9006NHP/BP2 Nighthawk PLATINUM Headlight Bulbs (Low Beam), Pack of 2: Automotive
3) Sylvania SILVERSTAR Ultra 9006 - Amazon.com: Sylvania 9006SU/BP SilverStar ULTRA High Performance Headlight Bulbs (Low-Beam), Pack of 2: Automotive
4) Sylvania SILVERSTAR ZXE 9006 - [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005KDOA3K/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lp o-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B005KDO9UY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX 0DER&pf_rd_r=1TSCVTHAKX67C6A9SDMH[/url]
Ok, So to clarify my situation my budget for upgrading my lights is $100 and I would like this to cover my low and fog light upgrade. I can stay with my halogen high's. I also want to be able to do this upgrade myself in less than 2 hrs without modifying the bulbs (sanding, cutting, shortening), replacing my stock housings/lenses, or doing any wiring.